Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Sling manufacturing techniques for accuracy. (Read 17842 times)
lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Re: Sling manufacturing techniques for accuracy.
Reply #30 - Aug 26th, 2017 at 5:24pm

or as Jaegoor said Sit down. Your sling reaches the floor. Few cm above ground. This length is optimal. Pay attention to the nature of the braid. Too loose is not good. Too thin is also not good. Are they an experienced slinger, then ok.
Better a little less speed. I like Balearic Slings for accuracy. Their focus is not in the middle. A sound / brake increases the accuracy considerably.
Look for a stable center. Aim with the navel. The arm follows the hip. Not the other way around . Your shot goes too far to the left? Too much power in the arm. You soon have a pain in the shoulder and elbow. It will form blow on the finger.
Your shot goes too far right? Your belly button does not point to the target. They shoot in the direction that shows their belly button.

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Eudave

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #31 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 5:49pm

Has any one tried using fine chain? i am thinking of trying it .
will small swivels between the components . I would hope that it allows the system to reach some type of equilibrium.

IP Logged

Eudave

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #32 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 5:52pm

Has any one tried using fine chain? i am thinking of trying it .
will small swivels between the components . I would hope that it allows the system to reach some type of equilibrium.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #33 - Mar 17th, 2019 at 4:49am

Problem with chain is what happens to that end once you let go. It can sometimes be bad enough being whipped by paracord, getting hit with thin chain could leave you with an interesting scar that will be a good ice breaker at parties but might not be worth the pain...

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #34 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 6:01am

Was ist der Sinn? Warum eine Kette?

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #35 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 12:27pm

Jaegoor wrote on Aug 26th, 2017 at 1:51am:
Eine schallzunge / bremse erhöht die Genauigkeit erheblich.

hey jaegoor where can I read more about this? or is there an explanation why this happens?

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #36 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 5:51pm

Sarosh. Es beruht auf Erfahrung und Beobachtung. Ich versuche eine Erklärung. Vielleicht ist es zu verstehen.
Diese Schallzunge bremst das Ende der Sling ab. Dadurch öffnet sich die sling besser. Der schusslauf rollt besser ab. Der Schuß wird genauer. Durch häufiges schießen, verkürzt sich die Schallzunge. Durch denn schall knall.
Ihre Schüsse werden nach links wandern.
Am knall hören Sie auch mit wieviel Power Sie schießen.
Bei einer sehr langen sling braucht man keine Schallzunge. Sie ist sogar hinterlich. Der lange Schusslauf wird von der Luft gebremst. Durch seine Länge. Ich habe irgendwo Fotos wo man das sehen kann. Bei einem Schuß mit hohen spin, sieht ihre sling wie eine Angel aus. Es wirkt wie beim Fischen mit Fliegen. 😁

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #37 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 4:02am

Jaegoor Thanks for the answer, it's understandable. Wink
I'll do some experiments.

IP Logged

Eudave

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #38 - Mar 31st, 2019 at 4:37pm

Hi I am new to this game but it is fun.please correct me if wrong .
it seems to me that rotating the sling is of consequence only if the projectile leaves at a tangent to the circle.
With my self I notice that I twitch the sling to release which seems to me to be the more important movement .. the twirl acts to break inertia. I am sure it adds something to the speed of the projectile but  the variables must be  horrendous to calculate .for the most part Slinging  is about feel ,at least it is for me not sure about anyone else .

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #39 - Mar 31st, 2019 at 5:35pm

Hola und herzlich willkommen. Im großen und ganzen liegst du richtig. Aber der Rotor kann noch mehr. Mit der Stellung des Rotor kann man Distanzen bestimmen.. Der Rotor ist wichtig für das schießen auf bewegliche Ziele.
Zum Beispiel auf ein Pendel. Mit Rotor bleiben Sie in einer flexiblen Dynamik.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hA8jCanAkTw

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Eudave

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #40 - Apr 3rd, 2019 at 5:26pm

xxkid123
is that I am  a hot potato?

IP Logged

Eudave

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #41 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 4:48pm

I have been slinging for a very short time ..less than a year ..and half of that was Midwest winter ,but i have found a 31 incher is good for me. i am five foot seven. Just tried a forty inch single strand para cord .couldn't do a thing with it except hold my pants up ..any suggestions would be helpful. other than get a new belt.

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #42 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 9:49pm

@
Eudave, stick with what works good for you, and maybe try a shorter sling Wink

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #43 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 3:34am

When it comes to slinging, you can never do enough experimentation.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #44 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 10:39pm

Practice practice practice. One of the things that makes slings so interesting is the lack of constraints. You can control timing, direction, speed, and ammo spin (“rifling”) entirely with muscle memory and throwing style. No other projectile weapon has as much flexibility as a sling. That’s also why accuracy is so difficult to master.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, vetryan15, Chris, Curious Aardvark)