Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
is slings powerful enough for small gam hunting? (Read 15257 times)
Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: is slings powerful enough for small gam hunting?
Reply #30 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 12:55pm

I will send you a message. I no longer entertain myself in the presence of a troll.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Apex-apoc
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

nahe Nürnberg (Germany)
Reply #31 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 2:41pm

johan wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 12:25pm:
and when you are saying shorten the left/right what do you mean by left and right? which one is retention and which is release cord?

neither the retention cord nor the release cord:

"12. The two halfs (sides) of the balearic type of
SPLIT POUCH (!)
should have the same thickness as the release cord, but you can vary THE LENGTH OF EACH HALF (= SIDE)
... of the pouch!
. Mostly they are of the same length."

Release cord and / or retention cord instead of this is BEHIND or BEFORE the pouch - not on the left or on the right. But remember Jeagoors mention: "If you were really a slinger (like master Jeagoor or master Jedi) than you already would know that all". So also your sling is not really a sling, because yours have no half side of the pouch which is a littel bit longer or shorter than the other half.

« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:45pm by Apex-apoc »  

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #32 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:31pm

Thanks jaegoor we appreciate your input.
Parmenion I think jaegoor is talking about where the projectile sits . Holding the release cord closer or further away will slightly effect where it sits in pouch ( left release right retention). I have noticed this effect as well however I work on my style as my slings pretty much tuned as good as I'll get it .

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Apex-apoc
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

nahe Nürnberg (Germany)
Reply #33 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:50pm

Mersa wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:31pm:
Parmenion I think jaegoor is talking about where the projectile sits . Holding the release cord closer or further away ...

Not at all - he was talking about MANUFACTURING balearic slings for customizing it and to give the two sides (halfs) of the split pouch different lengths (or even shorten both for increasing the speed of release cords opening).

Further he wrote that the size, mass or length of "cracker" would control the accuracy and also is ment for slow down the "unrolling" of the release cord.

But the best joke is, that you would shoot not only one "gam" or "deer" while running through the woods or the mountains and do a lot of "sonic booms" with that cracker that "controls the accuracy".

Das vermeintliche Reh hat er bestenfalls im Traum oder in seiner Turnhalle geschossen nachdem es endlich eingeschlafen oder zutraulich geworden war, denn in der Nähe eines freilebenden (wilden) Rehs bringst du deinen Wurfarm nicht mal auch nur auf halbe Wurfhöhe, geschweige denn eine mords-trumm Schleuder auch nur ansatzweise in Drehung versetzt ohne dass ein Reh solche Faxen bemerken und (im Zick-zack-kurs!) davonpreschen würde.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #34 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 6:37pm

I like the joke about the guy that lives under a bridge and slings tiny spheres700m. with no access to cameras of any sort but constant internet access.

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #35 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 7:14pm

Apex kannst du nicht einfach aufhören?  Ich habe von dir bisher nichts gesehen. Weder eine Schleuder  oder sonst etwas. Bis das nicht passiert ist, tangierst du mich nur äußerst perifär. Wo wohnst du nochmal? Bei Nürnberg? Kein Problem, da bin ich gelegentlich im Museeum. Stelle unter Beweis was du kannst. So einfach ist das.
Und extra für dich... Ich schieße balearische schleudern sehr gerne. Mich fasziniert der eigentlich einfache Aufbau und die dennoch hohe Komplexität . Aber ich bin auch in der Lage andere Schleudern zu handhaben. Und ein kracker muss nicht unbedingt knallen. deshalb ändert sich aber nichts an seiner Funktion die Schleuder zu öffnen. Aber das weißt du natürlich. Es gibt auch noch andere Möglichkeiten.  Du kennst fundmittere. Dann kennst du auch viele verschiedene schleudern von mir. Wo waren nochmal deine?
Also geh bitte jemand anderem auf denn sack. Klar soweit? Angry Tongue

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #36 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 9:34pm

Mersa wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:31pm:
Thanks jaegoor we appreciate your input.
Parmenion I think jaegoor is talking about where the projectile sits . Holding the release cord closer or further away will slightly effect where it sits in pouch ( left release right retention). I have noticed this effect as well however I work on my style as my slings pretty much tuned as good as I'll get it .

Im glad you mentioned that as I had a different view of what he was trying to explain, I think your interpretation makes more sense.

The idea of sling tuning is pretty fascinating. Not in the sense that it would be necessary, as Im pretty sure every weapon needs tuning. Instead the thought of how little we actually know and can prove about what causes what.

Right now so little in slinging is formalized. We suspect a lot but verifiable evidence is going to take a lot of research from smarter people than myself. Cant wait to see what they come up with.

IP Logged

johan
Funditor

no longer active:keep
the flame of slinging
alive

Reply #37 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 3:30am

Morphy wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 9:34pm:
We suspect a lot but verifiable evidence is going to take a lot of research from smarter people than myself.

we are the smart people, our research is experience
no one else will bother with slinging.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #38 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 7:36am

You might be that person. I dont have the time or money at the moment for a project like that.

Variability is a big issue in determining whether something is human related or not. It might be necessary to create some type of slinging machine to remove the human factor so sling tuning can be understood fully. Otherwise It will be difficult to prove what is causing changes and to what degree. Opinions dont constitute proof to me, which is mostly what we get in our discussions.

Jaegoors opinions are solid enough for me as a starting point, but proof is verifiable and repeatable. We have to maintain that standard. 

IP Logged

Apex-apoc
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

nahe Nürnberg (Germany)
Reply #39 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 8:52am

Jaegoor wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 7:14pm:
Ich habe von dir bisher nichts gesehen. Weder eine Schleuder  oder sonst etwas. Bis das nicht passiert ist, tangierst du mich nur äußerst perifär.

Na dann verstehst du wohl auch, dass ich die Übersetzung deiner deutsch formulierten Behauptungen für nicht lohnenswert halte, denn für keine davon hast du das Beweis~ oder Videomaterial - weder für deinen angeblichen "Blattschuß am Reh", noch für die lediglich behauptete aber "entscheidende Funktion der Schallzunge" oder die Funktion einer (leicht) asymmetrischen Flechtung des Splitpouches.

Ausreichend viele andere Videos beweisen vielmehr, dass eine Schleuder auch ganz ohne Schallzunge sehr gut funktioniert und erklären darüber hinaus auch, was deren eigentliche Funktion ist, nähmlich überhaupt nicht jene, die du uns hier zu verklickern suchst.

Meine Schleudern haben ebenfalls keine Schallzunge(n), öffnen aber allesamt ganz genau dann, wenn ich das veranlasse, also zum genau richtigen Zeitpunkt. Und wärest DU EIN WIRKLICHER SCHLEUDERER (und nicht nur ein Troll), dann würdest du auch wissen, dass diese Schallzunge nur einer Erhöhung der Haltbarkeit (im doppelten Sinne des Wortes) der release cord dient und allenfalls noch die Gleichmäßigkeit ihrer Abwicklung fördern kann.

Was hingegen du hier allerhöchst dilletantisch zu kompensieren versuhst, ist die mehr oder minder starke Verzögerung im Release, die praktisch allen Hirtenschleudern gemein ist, aber zum Zwecke der zeitlich korrekten Auslösung des Steines vom Schleuderer berücksichtigt werden muß, also allein von ihm "kontrolliert" werden kann - keineswegs von einem "Cracker".

Jede Schleuder löst verzögert aus!

Die Schleuder hingegen zum Zwecke des Ausgleichs einer werferseitigen "Links~ oder Rechtslastigkeit im Trefferbild" vorzunehmen kann nur so einem Turnhallen-Kurzwerfer wie dir einfallen. Bilde dir auf deine Videos also mal bloß nicht zu viel ein, denn schon deine bislang gefilmten Wurfweiten werden in der Leichtathletik (Wurf-disziplin) bereits von der C-Jugend übertroffen, und deine "Trefferquote auf fliegende Ziele" reicht noch nicht mal für den fahrenden Zirkus oder auch nur eine befristete Anstellung auf dem Jahrmarkt.

Aber schön, dass du trotzdem schon mal in einem nürnberger Museum (ausgestellt) warst - das hast du ja hoffentlich gefilmt um es demnächst über Youtube zu beweisen. Andernfalls interessiert mich das nämlich ebenfalls nicht mal nur PERIPHER.

Ebenso interessant wie auffällig ist vielmehr, dass du mit deinen Auslassungen schon wieder das TOPIC verfehlst, also trollst.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #40 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 4:07pm

Alright guys, jeez. If you've nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. That counts for all languages.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #41 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 5:00pm

if they observe something which works, then they keep it. their experience taught them what was right and wrong. if they pass their experience to a student and it still works, it can not have been wrong.
A trainer will always be helpful to a student. often students are even better.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

woodssj

That lake isn't going
to fill itself, y'know...

'Round & about, Here and there
Reply #42 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 9:05pm

Using the following:

http://www.shooterscalculator.com/bullet-kinetic-energy.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVeqTbLTnp0

I got 2315 grain bullet flying at about 165 feet per second. Per the cartridge converted, that's comparable to .22lr, which is a standard small game cartridge.

So, slings should be sufficient for small game. Good luck hitting them, though.

Confused Archaeologists are the best Archaeologists.

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #43 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 11:09pm

Small game? Wern't slings used in war? To irritate or maim and kill? Why do you doubt that a sling and 4oz rock would not maim or kill a deer,elk or moose?

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #44 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 1:05am

I think with the correct ammo and a well placed shot the sling could kill a lot of larger game.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, joe_meadmaker, Chris, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Rat Man, Morphy)