Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Getting into the sling of it (Read 1671 times)
mrdeadpt
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Getting into the sling of it
May 4th, 2010 at 3:16pm

Just wanted to say that some of the comments I got here have proved true: some minor "strains" I incurred when I started slinging seem to have passed on.  I took Ibuprophen--went from slinging overhand to helicopter-style (Balaeric?)--then on to Figure-Eight style, which seemed to produce better distance with less strain.  (Thanks, again, Mr. B. Grubbs!)

Needless-to-say I'm glad I can keep on with this activity!  Thanks to all who encouraged!

IP Logged

Rockman
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Lima, Peru
Re: Getting into the sling of it
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2010 at 9:36pm

Pain in the arm is common if you're a beginner and are too enthusiast (Been there) ibuprophen will do the trick for any sore you may have.

Preserving the sling, mankind´s original Magnum. Rookie slingers are modern superheroes: Never far away from trouble. Rockman sling tutorial: http://slinging.org/index.php?page=how-to-make-a-rockman-sling---bruno-tosso

IP Logged

Cervantes
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Houston TX
Reply #2 - May 6th, 2010 at 12:42am

I can feel weakness in my forearm when practicing. I have found that the pirouette throw is the least painful and most accurate for me. I have been pitching heaters at a water tower at my place of work during lunch break. Aiming for one of the 10X15' plates from about 60'. I'm trying to get in 15 minutes a day. It is FUN... Grin

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - May 6th, 2010 at 10:57am

Stretching prior to slinging helps.  The older you are the more necessary it becomes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, vetryan15, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, joe_meadmaker)