Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jumping text? (Read 3942 times)
wolf197
Descens

All over SouthCentral Alaska
Jumping text?
Apr 30th, 2010 at 8:18am

When I am writting longer posts if I go lower then what the box shows then it starts "jumping" it'll show the text I right then go right back up every time I press a key. It does not matter if I try scrolling down, it'll just go right back. This gets rather anoying after a while, is this somehting only I'm experincing or does this happen to everyone?

-wolf197

If you can't find 'em grind 'em!
wolf197  
IP Logged

Fundibularius
Interfector Viris Spurii

Sultan of Sling

Inter Mosam ac Rhenum
Re: Jumping text?
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 12:47pm

Same happens to me. I haven't paid attention if it is always or just sometimes.

Ferrugo numquam dormit.&&(Nigellus Iuvenis)&&&&

Noch weiz ich an im mere daz mir ist bekant
einen lintrachen  slouch des heledes hant
do badet er in dem blvote  des ist der helt gemeit
von also vester hvte  daz in nie wafen sit versneit.

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 1:09pm

Happens to me too.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #3 - May 1st, 2010 at 6:54am

not a clue - but it does look like the same bunch that have the pop up box problems.

One thing I have learned over the last 20 years fixing computers - 90% of the time it's user installed software that's the problem.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

wolf197
Descens

Reply #4 - May 1st, 2010 at 11:49am

Maybe it is from my refusal to update InternetExplore, or that I use InternetExplore instead of FireFox. The world will never know (Cause I won't update IE or switch to FireFox  Tongue).

wolf197  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - May 6th, 2010 at 2:08pm

well it's sensible to not update IE - but why don't you want to switch to firefox ?
the only practical difference from  a users point of view is that favourites become bookmarks.

Other than that you'll notice everything's much faster and generally more reliable.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

wolf197
Descens

Reply #6 - May 10th, 2010 at 7:51am

I find it to restricting. Also I use to have it and it crashed on me constantly.

wolf197  
IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #7 - May 12th, 2010 at 11:50am

wolf197 wrote on May 10th, 2010 at 7:51am:
I find it to restricting. Also I use to have it and it crashed on me constantly.

The thing about firefox is that its quality is dependant on the applications you've installed for it. For a similar browser without having to deal with finding an app that does what you need, try Opera (my favorite for its simplicity), Chrome (very similar to Opera, but I haven't used it much), or a little known browser called Maxthon (it has the best parts of IE and Firefox crossed together).

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Woonilsra
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #8 - May 17th, 2010 at 8:45pm

it used to happen to me, i just went back to the top of the text box, and started a new paragraph up there and so what i typed first apeared last in my post, and what i typed last appeared first. i just had to make sure it all flowed.

ive switched computers now from a laptop to a pc now so its stopped, but i dont know why

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"&&&&"A sword is a weapon. The art of swordsmanship is learning how to kill. That is the truth"&&&&"Dead!" I answered, and amiably "Murdered," the Hangman corrected me. "First the alien ... then the Jew. I did no more than you let me do."

IP Logged

wolf197
Descens

Reply #9 - May 18th, 2010 at 12:50am

That sounds like more work then I'm willing to do Woonilsra.... You are a champ.

wolf197  
IP Logged

Woonilsra
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #10 - May 18th, 2010 at 8:30pm

yeah.. it only took a frustuating week to come to a conclusion Cry

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"&&&&"A sword is a weapon. The art of swordsmanship is learning how to kill. That is the truth"&&&&"Dead!" I answered, and amiably "Murdered," the Hangman corrected me. "First the alien ... then the Jew. I did no more than you let me do."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Chris, David Morningstar)