Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Received a rather large donation today (Read 2233 times)
ilovepancakes
Interfector Viris Spurii

Virginia Slings- "You've
slung a long way, baby!

Virginia
Received a rather large donation today
Apr 13th, 2010 at 2:16pm

I had to take a trip south today and on the way back decided to stop by the junk yard I normally get my seatbelt material from. The owner had saved some interesting material for me. I have about 30 feet of this stuff now along with the normal amount I cut out of cars.

new_seatbelt.bmp (618 KB | )
new_seatbelt.bmp

Am I the only one who finds it slightly amusing that people are debating the merits of riot shields against zombies in a totally normal manner?     I do love this forum. -Morphy

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
past-moderator

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Re: Received a rather large donation today
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 6:30pm

sweet!

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Et Cetera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks Into Windows!

Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 9:44pm

Nice pattern on that! About how many feet do you normally get?

IP Logged

ilovepancakes
Interfector Viris Spurii

Virginia Slings- "You've
slung a long way, baby!

Virginia
Reply #3 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 9:52pm

I normally cut about 40 or 50 feet. They place I get my paracord from is out until next week at the earliest so I can't go on a sling making binge until then.

Am I the only one who finds it slightly amusing that people are debating the merits of riot shields against zombies in a totally normal manner?     I do love this forum. -Morphy

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 5:59am

Make the pouches using a small Phillips head screwdriver, or some other piece of 5 mm dia. metal, as a former and insert the cords into the ends later. It tends to be fairly easy to push the cords into the openings and then tie the knots on the cord ends. I use this technique in preference to making the constrictions over the actual cords anyway.

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

ilovepancakes
Interfector Viris Spurii

Virginia Slings- "You've
slung a long way, baby!

Virginia
Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 9:10am

Aussie wrote on Apr 15th, 2010 at 5:59am:
Make the pouches using a small Phillips head screwdriver, or some other piece of 5 mm dia. metal, as a former and insert the cords into the ends later. It tends to be fairly easy to push the cords into the openings and then tie the knots on the cord ends. I use this technique in preference to making the constrictions over the actual cords anyway.

Good idea Aussie. I don't normally use superglue on my whippings jut burn the ends of the nylon string. I will give that a try today.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Kick, Chris, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker)