Send Topic Print
Vertical slinging (Read 2139 times)
slangdeg
Descens

be the rock

georgia, usa
Vertical slinging
Feb 17th, 2010 at 11:42pm

Does anyone like to sling straight up?  Its fun seeing how close you can get to the rock and the sound of it whizzing down is awesome, plus seeing how it burries itsself into the earth is neat.

IP Logged

dork
Funditor

I feel Smurfy when I'm
smurfing!!!! You too?

In Beautiful Wisconsin
Re: Vertical slinging
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2010 at 3:15am

This falls kindof in the same category as shooting an arrow straight up. I have done it with a tennis ball but never a rock. You could possibly lose sight of a rock until it hits you in the head. Not too safe.

IP Logged

SlingKey
Descens

Shame? Pride? What're
those? (Lurker)

The NW Territories (U.S.)
Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2010 at 3:25am

Only by accident 

This is also more than half the reason I don't sling at night

I might try it with pinecones (harder ones) but I'll probably get one in or around the eye, so no I guess I won't actually

To get them in the dirt, I usually just release late when I am trying to get a further distance (failed attempt at power throw), but they end up digging in about 3-5 feet infront of me. It's almost enjoyable

Stop Lying

IP Logged

Jamp
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2010 at 11:12am

I have been thinking about making parachute and sling it vertically, it would eliminate most of risks (given that parachute works..)
Only problem is that I don't know how to make parachute open at highest position.

IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2010 at 12:36pm

well if the chute did not open then at least it would make the ammo big enuf to see come back down so u could move out of it way  Grin

When I go bear hunting all I take is a bat and when I find the bear I give him the bat to make things even&&&&When the goverment takes all the guns who ever has the most swords axes clubs spears bows and slings WILL RULE THE WORLD A HAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry did I say that out loud
Evan Werner  
IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #5 - Feb 18th, 2010 at 4:56pm

slangdeg wrote on Feb 17th, 2010 at 11:42pm:
Does anyone like to sling straight up?  Its fun seeing how close you can get to the rock and the sound of it whizzing down is awesome, plus seeing how it burries itsself into the earth is neat.

Perhaps it's a latent death wish?

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - Feb 18th, 2010 at 6:17pm

That's one of the ways I test a sling, but I do use tennis balls. Lots of fun seeing if you can throw one way up there and catch it without taking a step in any direction. That's actually what got my gf interested in the sport.

walter

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Morphy, Kick, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15)