Wheelbarrow tire sunk into the soil. Wheelbarrows are no longer moved. Smiley

IP Logged

jlasud
Interfector Viris Spurii

Programming stones

Transilvania
Re: Favorite ammo
Reply #31 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 5:19pm

Cheesy Savage! I love ball bearings too. about 30mm . But cast lead biconicals are hard to beat. Clay is also very good, and more eco and budget friendly. Good riverstones,of course. Density and aerodynamics FTW

Respect existance or expect resistance!

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #32 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 8:41am

This is an old thread! Ya, I like lacrosse balls but they are so bouncy I lose them quickly
I think my most frequent ammo are rocks from the railroad tracks and they work out pretty decent. They're not all perfect but a lot are pretty decent haha
I think my favourite ammo has to be crab apples and quinces. Sometimes they are on the light side but the splat makes it a pile of fun.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #33 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 9:08am

I'll be back in a few days to answer whether ice balls work out well. Results so far are promising...

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Neddie_Seag00n
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #34 - Jul 17th, 2019 at 6:13am

I live right next to a dead railroad which hasn't had the tracks removed, so there is a ton of clinker. There's loads of them that just happen to be rounded, so they make really good ammo.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #35 - Jul 17th, 2019 at 6:42am

Hey I never came back to this post! Well I posted it elsewhere but ice balls make for fantastic ammo. Cheap, eco-friendly, very easy and you can make loads of them in only a few hours. They end up being the perfect size and weight and are great to smash against targets. Highly recommended.
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2019 at 2:01pm by Kick »  

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #36 - Jul 17th, 2019 at 7:04am

Ich bin sehr neugierig darauf. 😁

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #37 - Jul 17th, 2019 at 10:29am

Kick wrote on Jul 17th, 2019 at 6:42am:
Hey I never came back to this post! Well I posted it elsewhere but I've balls make for fantastic ammo. Cheap, eco-friendly, very easy and you can make loads of them in only a few hours. They end up being the perfect size and weight and are great to smash against targets. Highly recommended.

I second this Cheesy

I have 2 molds which will make 12 ice balls,  It's become part of my routine to put a dozen in the freezer every day, and sling them over the weekend.  I weighed a couple recently (the ones I use are 2.5 inch) and they are around 110 g, so a nice weight.

The only drawbacks are it needs to be winter, or you need to be slinging close to your freezer Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Kick, Rat Man, Chris, vetryan15, Morphy, joe_meadmaker)