Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Super Glue on Acrylic Yarn (Read 3472 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Super Glue on Acrylic Yarn
Oct 20th, 2009 at 10:35am

I remember a thread something like this before, but I don't remember the final answer.  Is super or crazy glue cool to use on acrylic yarn?  I just made a Cobra for ilpc and want to finish it up with some super glue.  It won't melt the yarn, will it?

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Re: Super Glue on Acrylic Yarn
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 3:27pm

it hisses like crazy, and the smell is pretty bad if you stick your face in it, but if you keep your face at least a foot away from it (the fumes might be bad, but they die out pretty fast) it's fine. super glue also crusts a little on it, but it's fine. i do it all the time.

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 4:48pm

Thanks.

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
past-moderator

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 6:40pm

Superglue and krazy glue are both versions of cyanoacrylates and will melt the yarn a little before it dries. Think of it like a bit of yarn becomes glue, too.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, vetryan15, Morphy, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker)