Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Rat Man (three strand sheep shank) Sling (Read 33770 times)
peacefuljeffrey
Interfector Viris Spurii

Peace through superior
slinging power!

West Palm Beach
Re: Rat Man (three strand sheep shank) Sling
Reply #30 - Sep 2nd, 2009 at 9:29pm

xxkid123 wrote on Sep 2nd, 2009 at 8:36pm:
peacefuljeffrey wrote on Sep 2nd, 2009 at 7:20pm:
xxkid123 wrote on Sep 2nd, 2009 at 3:40pm:
hey pj, is stormdrane the same stormdrane from instructables that made the paracord bracelet tutorial?

Yes he is.  The guy is the Gandalf of paracord projects.  I have long thought I was good; he is better.  Shocked

tell him i said hi- no wait, i can do that on instructables  Grin

Well, there was an idiot nitpicking moderator on EDCforums who banned me (over frivoulous nonsense, I can assure you) so I can't say hi for you to Stormdrane there, unfortunately.

Cradled rock is slung&&Once around the back and gone&&Flying far and true

IP Logged

quepy

Avoiding property damage
since 2009!

California
Reply #31 - Sep 4th, 2009 at 2:52am

I tested out my new Rat Man Sheep Shank Sling, and I have good news: no dropped rocks, easy design, and increased distance in my throws.  It's going to be a favorite in my arsenal.

Seriously, I threw like 40 stones with this thing, and not a single mishap.  I say experiment: success.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #32 - Sep 4th, 2009 at 8:10pm

Yay!  One tester, one slinger with increased range, one more success story!

IP Logged

Camo-sling
Interfector Viris Spurii

Forge your own path.

Australia
Reply #33 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 2:28am

peacefuljeffrey wrote on Sep 2nd, 2009 at 9:29pm:
[quote author=xxkid123 link=1251648259/15#28 date=1251938182]

Well, there was an idiot nitpicking moderator on EDCforums who banned me (over frivoulous nonsense, I can assure you) so I can't say hi for you to Stormdrane there, unfortunately.

I was wondering why you were banned, I couldnt imagine you doing anything that would get you banned. Is there anyway to appeal it?

IP Logged

peacefuljeffrey
Interfector Viris Spurii

Peace through superior
slinging power!

West Palm Beach
Reply #34 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 4:44am

Camo-sling wrote on Sep 6th, 2009 at 2:28am:

I was wondering why you were banned, I couldnt imagine you doing anything that would get you banned. Is there anyway to appeal it?

Not to be dismissive of the rules of a forum, but I feel that there was a moderator there who, for no particular reason I know of, seemed to just like to send me PMs telling me that nonsensical stuff I had posted had stepped over what he perceived to be "the line."  I pretty much never agreed--and tell me, do I seem like someone who wants to just come into a good and worthwhile forum and piss all over everything and just irritate people?  I don't think I do.  I spend my own time to come up with worthwhile contributions, myself.

I have no way to "appeal" the decision because once you're banned, it's not like you can send PMs to the site administrator or anyone.  I imagine there were probably quite a few people there who saw that I was banned and thought, "Huh??"  But what can ya do?

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #35 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 8:48pm

peacefuljeffrey wrote on Sep 6th, 2009 at 4:44am:
Camo-sling wrote on Sep 6th, 2009 at 2:28am:

Not to be dismissive of the rules of a forum, but I feel that there was a moderator there who, for no particular reason I know of, seemed to just like to send me PMs telling me that nonsensical stuff I had posted had stepped over what he perceived to be "the line."  I pretty much never agreed--and tell me, do I seem like someone who wants to just come into a good and worthwhile forum and piss all over everything and just irritate people?  I don't think I do.  I spend my own time to come up with worthwhile contributions, myself.

I have no way to "appeal" the decision because once you're banned, it's not like you can send PMs to the site administrator or anyone.  I imagine there were probably quite a few people there who saw that I was banned and thought, "Huh??"  But what can ya do?

Their loss is our gain.

IP Logged

peacefuljeffrey
Interfector Viris Spurii

Peace through superior
slinging power!

West Palm Beach
Reply #36 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 5:05am

Thank you for saying so. Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #37 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 11:45am

I'm sure everyone here agrees with me.

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #38 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 10:57am

nice sling ratman and welcome to the ranks of the slingers

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #39 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 12:38pm

Thanks!!

IP Logged

biface.silex
Tiro

Le frondeur frondeur!

Reply #40 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 1:18pm

Howdy  Cheesy,
I was redirected to this thread when I clicked on this link  (wishing to reach a tutorial):

http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1251648259

in this thread:

http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1260271797

Anyone seen the tuto please ?  Roll Eyes

I'm sliiiinging in the rain&&Just sliiiingin' in the rain&&What a gloooorious feeeeling&&I'm haaaappy again&&... &&I'm slingin' and dancing in the rain&&I'm dancing and slingin' in the rain.

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
past-moderator

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #41 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 12:27am

biface.silex wrote on Apr 29th, 2010 at 1:18pm:
Howdy  Cheesy,
I was redirected to this thread when I clicked on this link  (wishing to reach a tutorial):

http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1251648259

in this thread:

http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1260271797

Anyone seen the tuto please ?  Roll Eyes

You got to the right place, bro. This is "An active thread where you may post a reply." Sorry it's not what you were looking for. Try this PJ Sling on for size. To may a TS3 sling follow Jeffrey's instructions starting with 3 strand in the pouch instead 5 like the pictures. If you have trouble visualizing that make an Appu-sling and then uses Jeffrey's tutorial to fill in the pouch.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

biface.silex
Tiro

Le frondeur frondeur!

Reply #42 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 5:27am

@Masiakasaurus:
Cheers mon

I'm sliiiinging in the rain&&Just sliiiingin' in the rain&&What a gloooorious feeeeling&&I'm haaaappy again&&... &&I'm slingin' and dancing in the rain&&I'm dancing and slingin' in the rain.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #43 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 8:20pm

Hi, biface;
   That is a tutorial, sort of.  It goes on a bit because I was figuring out a problem as I went along and had no idea that the thread was going to be a tutorial.  If you read through the whole thing you'll find that the sling as it was, Malik Lund's Appu-sling but woven instead of left open, had a tendency to occasionally drop projectiles.  A  good solution was found... if you pull the strands really tight as you weave so that the pouch forms a permanent "U" when completed it will not drop projectiles.  Due to it's thinness, this is the fastest sling with the best range that I've  found.  I hope this answer isn't confusing.  If you need more help with this you can PM me or I can send you one so you can see what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2014 at 11:50am by Rat Man »  

IP Logged

abetwo643
Tiro

Slinging Rocks! Breaking
Glass!

Reply #44 - May 1st, 2010 at 11:03pm

Hi, here's my attempt at the Rat Man (three strand sheep shank) sling.  It's make out of some rather thick rope, for sling making. -Abe

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Chris, vetryan15, Rat Man, Morphy)