Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
online book -a guide to pre-historic archaeology (Read 1716 times)
Corvid
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

online book -a guide to pre-historic archaeology
Jun 17th, 2009 at 10:05am

greetings - I dont know if this is the right place to post this but I found this old book online :

"Flint chips; a guide to pre-historic archaeology, as illustrated by the collection in the Blackmore Museum, Salisbury (1870)"

There is some mention of slings - page 72/73 and some other stuff about prehistoric weapons

http://www.archive.org/details/flintchipsguidet00stevuoft

Hopefully of interest to someone   Smiley

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Re: online book -a guide to pre-historic archaeolo
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 11:08pm

Downloading it now, will let ya know what I think when I have taken a look at it. Also you can find a lot of similar books on Google Books as well.

Looked at it, One little warning, unidentified rocks excavated during this period were likely to be called sling stones. But yeah the couple of stories it mentions is probably worth downloading this text for.

Marc Adkins

Corvid wrote on Jun 17th, 2009 at 10:05am:
greetings - I dont know if this is the right place to post this but I found this old book online :

"Flint chips; a guide to pre-historic archaeology, as illustrated by the collection in the Blackmore Museum, Salisbury (1870)"

There is some mention of slings - page 72/73 and some other stuff about prehistoric weapons

http://www.archive.org/details/flintchipsguidet00stevuoft

Hopefully of interest to someone   Smiley

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus)