Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monkeys Fist WITH object in it (Read 1592 times)
Woonilsra
Interfector Viris Spurii

Monkeys Fist WITH object in it
Jun 4th, 2009 at 9:45pm

I just dont get it. sure, i can make the knot, the only hard part to that was tightening it, but i saw a good video.
how the heck do you get  rock inside? ive tried but all mine fall out, whats the secret to it?
(no i dont want any balls like golf or tennis, they seem unfair since the are round and man made)
is it the shape of the rock when your making the MF over it? any help will eb great thanks! (maybe a giant MF with lotsa rope?

ps-for the bola, i just makae 3 of these monkeys fists iwth weights in em then tie all three of them together with some sort of knot, right? (and throw from one of the knots twirling above the head)

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"&&&&"A sword is a weapon. The art of swordsmanship is learning how to kill. That is the truth"&&&&"Dead!" I answered, and amiably "Murdered," the Hangman corrected me. "First the alien ... then the Jew. I did no more than you let me do."

IP Logged

Ben-Aussie

...preparing for the Zombie
plague....

tamworth, NSW, Australia
Re: Monkeys Fist WITH object in it
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 11:42pm

I've made a few bolas using monkeys fists. I usually put in the weight after 1 or two wraps during the last lot of loops. The main problem I've had is doing the second set of loops too tight, so the ball wouldn't fit in.  Also choose a rock that is close to a sphere or, if your very lucky a cube rock would work lol.

By the way are you making one where you throw from the middle knot or from one of the weights? Remember if making one to throw from a weight make one weight a little smaller and have its rope a bit longer  Grin

Oh and to tighten it find where the knot starts, hold onto it so you don't unravel the fist and pull the rope back through until you get to the end. This might have to be done 2 or three times and you will probably need some sort of spike to get under the rope.

-Ben

Aim Small, Miss Small
Ben-Aussie  
IP Logged

Et Cetera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks Into Windows!

Re: Monkeys Fist WITH object in it
Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 11:14pm

Tighten it after you put the thing in. The thing inside shouldn't be too big either.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini)