Send Topic Print
sling training (Read 5896 times)
adsi
Funditor

throwing rocks with slings

wales ,the land of dragons
sling training
Apr 8th, 2009 at 8:38am

i mean games about slinging games that would help your aim in real lif would be awesome or some training software you know you print off a special target shoot it put the range and were you hit it  into the computer and it could tell you how to improve for more distance and accuracy Wink
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2009 at 2:23pm by adsi »  

why are you reading my signature

IP Logged

Et Cetera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks Into Windows!

Re: sling training
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2009 at 8:31pm

What do you mean? Like a game for the Wii or something?

IP Logged

Camo-sling
Interfector Viris Spurii

Forge your own path.

Australia
Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2009 at 8:44pm

Et Cetera wrote on May 2nd, 2009 at 8:31pm:
What do you mean? Like a game for the Wii or something?

I can just imagine the wii remote smashing the tv screen! even with the bracelet on.

IP Logged

Et Cetera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks Into Windows!

Reply #3 - May 2nd, 2009 at 8:47pm

Just hold the bottom button, whatever it is, the trigger like one, and release that instead of the whole remote  Smiley

IP Logged

adsi
Funditor

Reply #4 - May 3rd, 2009 at 9:27am

no i mean a game on here that makes you throw better like it teaches you the right weight and size of ammo       helps you find out which slings suit you best

it would be hard to do but really cool if it actually happend

i know some people on the site are good with computers one of them would gladly do it

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #5 - Jun 6th, 2009 at 8:55pm

i know. we could have metal chips that are clipped on to our body at the joints and in between. then the computer would monitor the chips ( 2 rings for or fingers)

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

HHornblower

Slinging Rocks!

The Netherlands
Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2009 at 12:19pm

Some sort of elaborate Wii-sports? I'm afraid that it'll take some years before virtual games allowing intricate movements (such as slinging or any other whole-body movements) are developed for home use. The affordable computing power available to society in general just doesn't have the butch for these kind of games. Ok, our newest coffee-making machines probably got more computing power than the Apollo moon rocket, but real-life, 3D holographic-like programmes are still miles away (For you and me, that is).

Cheers,

HHornblower

IP Logged

Knaight
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Tennis Balls!

Colorado
Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2009 at 9:25pm

Really, your current best bet would seem to be to track down somebody who is better at slinging than you are, and try and pick up what you can from them.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #8 - Jun 8th, 2009 at 9:31am

Quote:
Some sort of elaborate Wii-sports? I'm afraid that it'll take some years before virtual games allowing intricate movements (such as slinging or any other whole-body movements) are developed for home use.

Huh ?
They're already here Smiley
wii fit anyone ?

And all you need to track for slinging is the hand's travel and movement - and all wii games use that.
Add that to foot position and weight transfer on the wii fit board and you've got a very complete picture of how a person uses their body in any sport let alone slinging.

Quote:
but real-life, 3D holographic-like programmes are still miles away (For you and me, that is). 

Depends how far away from your local game shop you live I suppose Wink

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

adsi
Funditor

Reply #9 - Jun 8th, 2009 at 12:00pm

i never said anything about a wii Roll Eyes

IP Logged

ilovepancakes
Interfector Viris Spurii

Virginia Slings- "You've
slung a long way, baby!

Virginia
Reply #10 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 2:25pm

I don't know about anyone else but one thing I enjoy about slinging is being outside.

Am I the only one who finds it slightly amusing that people are debating the merits of riot shields against zombies in a totally normal manner?     I do love this forum. -Morphy

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #11 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 8:07am

Ah adsi - yeah thread got a bit hijacked.

The best thing you can do is make yourself a target board.
aim for something about 3 feet square with a disc in the centre about 18 inches in diameter.
The simplest way to do this is to hammer a fairly sturdy post into the ground and attach a 3 foot square of strong cardboard to it.
Can also be attached to a wall/hedge/tree whatever Smiley You want the top of the square to be about 6 feet off the ground.
Then make a disc (cardboard covered in plastic bags works well) and stick that in the middle of the sqaure.
That's a balearic target.

The other thing is to use consistent ammo. Either get hold of a bunch of golf balls or make yourself some mud/clay balls.

The on;y way to know that your accuracy is improving is tonuse the same target and consisten ammo.

Computer's not going to help much Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

ilovepancakes
Interfector Viris Spurii

Virginia Slings- "You've
slung a long way, baby!

Virginia
Reply #12 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 8:24am

When I want to practice accuracy I go the the tennis court by my house and make a target with duct tape on the chain link fence. It is a little bit wasteful as I don't leave the tape up on the fence, but duct tape is cheap and you can't beat a tennis court for an enclosed space.

Am I the only one who finds it slightly amusing that people are debating the merits of riot shields against zombies in a totally normal manner?     I do love this forum. -Morphy

IP Logged

adsi
Funditor

Reply #13 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 11:59am

yeah i see what you mean

i had only just started slinging when i put up this thread (inexperienced) mind now im not much better

IP Logged

dork
Funditor

I feel Smurfy when I'm
smurfing!!!! You too?

In Beautiful Wisconsin
Reply #14 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 2:02pm

Tennis courts are a great place to practice as long as you use tennis balls. There is no short cut to getting good at slinging. Practice practice

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Curious Aardvark)