Send Topic Print
Hello from Tibet (Read 7664 times)
AmdoCraft

Tibetan Handicrafts

Xining, China
Hello from Tibet
Feb 20th, 2009 at 9:50am

Hello,
Someone on your forum had found our business, which is called AmdoCraft.  This is a Tibetan Handicraft business and as part of our business we produce and sell Tibetan Slings.  
Since 2001, Amdo Craft has been working with Amdo Tibetan nomads in Qinghai and Gansu province. Producing such items as woven bags, braided slings, knitted scarves and felted decorations the Tibetan nomads are able to earn money to help with basic needs, such as the schooling of their children. Because of their parents success, young Tibetans are also learning traditional skills that might otherwise be lost.   See our website:  www.amdocraft.com    which include a webshop  (prices incl worldwide shipping)
Klaas

IP Logged

David Morningstar
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

UK
Re: Hello from Tibet
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2009 at 3:45am

I would be interested in buying a Tibetan sling. Your PayPal shop thinks that people in England speak Dutch  Grin

IP Logged

AmdoCraft

Tibetan Handicrafts

Xining, China
Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2009 at 10:19am

You seem to have enough language knowledge to know that this strange language is Dutch  Smiley.   Sorry about that. I have looked into this, and have found out that I might be able to change this in html. I have asked my website developer for help. Not everyone has the same problem as you. I read that it is possible when you for instance use Safari as web browser.  
klaas
www.amdocraft.com

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 5:15am

These are good folks. If you want a nice sling, this is the place to go.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 7:13am

$6 including postage - too cheap, charge more Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

AmdoCraft

Tibetan Handicrafts

Xining, China
Reply #5 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 8:45pm

Yes, we might have to raise the prices. The online shop at our website is a new thing that started in January this year (2009), and it was difficult to research the cost for shipping and handling.  The thing we struggle with most is the cost of sending the products worldwide. Also, at the moment the costs for nearly everything is increasing in China at the moment, also here in our Tibetan area. Will keep you informed.
klaas
www.amdocraft.com

IP Logged

AmdoCraft

Tibetan Handicrafts

Xining, China
Reply #6 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 10:22pm

David Morningstar wrote on Feb 21st, 2009 at 3:45am:
I would be interested in buying a Tibetan sling. Your PayPal shop thinks that people in England speak Dutch  Grin

We think we have been able to change the language of our PayPal shop to English now.

IP Logged

Donnerschlag
Interfector Viris Spurii

I put the 'K' in "Kwality"!

Portland, OR
Reply #7 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 12:45am

Welcome AmadoCraft, and I wish you great success here

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that shows you tried."
-Bob Ross

IP Logged

justgeorge
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Provo Utah
Reply #8 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 7:11pm

Just purchased one of your slings.  I like the looks of your store front.  I can't wait to see the sling.  I had no problems with the english and paypal.
thanks

IP Logged

ElliotB

Slinging Rocks! And Loving
It!

Reply #9 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 3:06am

Amdo:

I'm going to Tibet this summer, do you have a store in Lhasa or nearby where I can get my hands on one of these?

Elliot

IP Logged

AmdoCraft

Tibetan Handicrafts

Xining, China
Reply #10 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 4:15am

justgeorge wrote on Mar 1st, 2009 at 7:11pm:
Just purchased one of your slings.  I like the looks of your store front.  I can't wait to see the sling.  I had no problems with the english and paypal.
thanks

Hello George,

Yes I received your order and I will put it today (Monday here) in the mail.   
Thanks,

Klaas
www.amdocraft.com

IP Logged

AmdoCraft

Tibetan Handicrafts

Xining, China
Reply #11 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 4:21am

ElliotB wrote on Mar 2nd, 2009 at 3:06am:
Amdo:

I'm going to Tibet this summer, do you have a store in Lhasa or nearby where I can get my hands on one of these?

Elliot

Hello Elliot,

We do not have a shop in Lhasa at the moment. We are looking into options to sell our products in Lhasa, so I will keep you updated. We have a shop in Xining (Qinghai) and one in LangMusi (Gansu).  Our shops are called Amdo Cafes because we also serve drinks like Coffee, YakMilk Tea and Cakes.  If you want to see Tibet you should consider visiting places like Langmusi.
Klaas
www.amdocraft.com

IP Logged

ElliotB

Slinging Rocks! And Loving
It!

Reply #12 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 3:58am

AmdoCraft wrote on Mar 2nd, 2009 at 4:21am:
Hello Elliot,

We do not have a shop in Lhasa at the moment. We are looking into options to sell our products in Lhasa, so I will keep you updated. We have a shop in Xining (Qinghai) and one in LangMusi (Gansu).  Our shops are called Amdo Cafes because we also serve drinks like Coffee, YakMilk Tea and Cakes.  If you want to see Tibet you should consider visiting places like Langmusi.
Klaas
www.amdocraft.com

Klaas:

I currently live in China, and I will see if I can get a flight to Lhasa with a stopover either in Xining or LangMusi, although they are usually through Chengdu. If I can't manage this, I'll try to persuade my dad to get me one from your site, as the mailing cost and time will be low since it will be staying in China.
Either way, looking forward to my Tibetan sling!
Can I have the addresses for the Amdo Cafes in Xining and LangMusi?

Elliot

IP Logged

AmdoCraft

Tibetan Handicrafts

Xining, China
Reply #13 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 3:24am

Elliot,

Qinghai, AmdoCafe Xining: Datongjie, close to the corner with Beidajie, tel. 8213127
Gansu, AmdoCraft Cafe Langmusi:  opposite Langmusi Hotel,  13893935425

see also:     http://www.amdocraft.com/storeLocations

Klaas
www.amdocraft.com

IP Logged

Rockman
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Lima, Peru
Reply #14 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 3:49pm

Hey Amdocraft. Just so you know, a real peruvian sling is about 25-30 soles (local currency)  about 10-12 US dollars. This seems like a perfect reasonable price for a Tibetan sling, which are almost identical to peruvians except for the solid pouch.

25-30 soles is the price for tourists, I've managed to negotiate it down to 10 soles, the "real" price.

I can tell by the picture, your tibetan sling are of good quality, so I agree with the other members of the forum. Charge more.

Just don't get greedy, like these guys who sell crap at an absurd price. 
http://www.templestore.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1/products_id/172?osCs...

Preserving the sling, mankind´s original Magnum. Rookie slingers are modern superheroes: Never far away from trouble. Rockman sling tutorial: http://slinging.org/index.php?page=how-to-make-a-rockman-sling---bruno-tosso

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Chris)