Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My Aussie Sling (Read 1254 times)
Panday

Slinging Rocks!

New Mogadishu (Detroit)
My Aussie Sling
Sep 7th, 2008 at 7:09pm

Well, I got my Aussiesling in the mail a couple of weeks ago.  Knots have always been something of a small hobby of mine, so I was kind of excited to get started on it.

Here's the pouch:

I put a Figure-8 and Hangman's Noose on each side of the pouch:

I then tied each line with a Bowline:

I used a wooden macrame bead (secured with two Half-Hitches and centered in the loop of a Figure-8) for the release, and another Hangman's Noose for the finger loop:

In the hand, it looks like this:

This thing is great.  While it throws tennis balls, I get really good results with golf balls.  I can throw one across a whole football field.

Thanks, Aussieslinger!

"Out of every 100 men, 10 should not even be here, 80 are nothing but targets, 9 are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they the battle make.&&Ah, but the one.  One of them is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."&&-Heraclitus 500 BC
IP Logged

Burner
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take me out to the ball
game........

Northeast Florida
Re: My Aussie Sling
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2008 at 9:09pm

I couldn't get my Aussie to hold a golf ball-they kept sliding out of the center.He makes one he calls the MK2 that is melted together a little bit differently,and with that one I could also throw golf balls.With the MK2 I have thrown golf balls as far as 180 yards.I think  the sling length is around 38",and the cords are some cool material that Techstuff sent me.It resembles paracord,but seems less stretchy,and is probably lighter.Tech,what is that cord?

Brett

Cleveland Rocks!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: My Aussie Sling
Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 6:42am

that's a lot of knots Smiley

i was demoing slinging a golfball in the garden last week at a bbq.
didn't have a sling on me (very small pockets in my shorts okay lol) so I borrowed my dads mk1 aussie. After the first golf ball dropped out I decided for safety's sake - small lawn with tables chairs and guests on it - to go in the house and get my captain paul.
You can't beat a really good cupped pouch for not maiming bbq guests during a sling demo.
lol

Normally don't have a problem with an aussie and golf balls - but when you're stuck for room and concentrating more on not tangling the sling with a chair and smacking yourself in the back of the head with said chair during the throw, they can be a bit tricky Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Kick)