SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi from Hastings (Read 961 times)
Indiana

Hi from Hastings
Jun 18th, 2008 at 2:34pm

I been looking at the site on and off for a few months and have gleaned some very interesting knowledge (the guides and articles are brilliant and so is the Goliath project),my interest in history and knotting drew me here the first time and since then i have been hooked.

I felt compelled to make a sling after reading so much about them.I have now made two slings now -one of paracord thanks Cliff and one of nettle yarn and hemp thanks Dan Bollinger) and now have started to sling at my local beach (i prefer apache style though i would like to try a style with rotations when i am better) and love it.

Anyway thanks my 2 pence.

Indiana

This is my signature block.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Hi from Hastings
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 3:37pm

So what you doing on the 29th june ?
Fancy a trip up to staffordshire for the uks first sling fest ?

If you haven't got a car, I can arrange for someone to meet you at burton train station :-)

Bring friends :-)

Welcome to the forum there aren't many of us brits, so more are always encouraged :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

paulmiller

Havent been in for a while

Birmingham, AL
Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 2:22am

I feel inadequate welcoming you after Curious_Aardvark has. Any way welcome! Good to see more people Slinging!!!

Zechariah 9:15 The Lord who rules over all will guard them, and they will prevail and overcome with sling stones.

IP Logged

wanderer
Interfector Viris Spurii

Texas
Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 7:49am

Welcome to the forum.

Glad that you have found the other materials interesting/useful. Many seem to come here without realising they are there at all.

There are many knotters here, as I'm sure you have noticed. It's amazing how many different interests can lead one to the sling!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Chris)