Send Topic Print
Hello from Norway (Read 1662 times)
timann
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Norway
Hello from Norway
Mar 30th, 2008 at 1:41pm

I am a 43 year old man, who have been trying to learn how to use a sling for over 30 years.  After I started to lurk around here, and and got real info, I feel that I am finaly able to guide my stones in the direction I want. I am intrested in old weapon, and knots and braiding, and have made and tested many different types  lately. Bit of old leather jacket with paracord, braided hemp, with split pouch or sewn in bit of the old jacket, or just the suitable knots on the bit of string I always carry in my pocket. I seem to use more time making slings than using them, but hope summer will be different.
I believe it will be easyer to meet fellow slingers here,because they are rather uncommon where I live.  Smiley
But this seems to be rather common for most of us.
timann

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Re: Hello from Norway
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2008 at 2:24pm

Welcome Timann.

Yes, you are right, it is rare for most of us to meet even one person who is also slinging.
I have been lucky enough to get one slingmeet, (so far,) but it does not look like a second one for me soon.

If you are willing to sling snowballs you can sling round the year, as you will certainly have snow up there. We here in the soutn (the Netherlands in my case) do not get enough snow to even work out a proper way to do it.

Willeke.

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

timann
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Norway
Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2008 at 2:59pm

Hello,Willeke. I have trown snowballs. Before. When the winters was better. This winter has not been wery good for snowballs. But my slingig have improved. So next winter, maybe...
By the way ,nice to talk to someone who know what to do whith a string Smiley
timann

IP Logged

Burner
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take me out to the ball
game........

Northeast Florida
Reply #3 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 12:14am

Hello Tinman.Do you keep an oil can handy?

OOPS!!
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2008 at 4:20pm by Burner »  

Tin_Man.jpg (13 KB | )
Tin_Man.jpg

Cleveland Rocks!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 6:21am

oh dear - it's timann not tinman - :-)

Welcome to the forum, I vaguely think we've got at least one other norwegian -  always worth finding out and seeing how close you live.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

timann
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Norway
Reply #5 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 3:27pm

So,luckily, it appear I have no need for an oil can.  This is good, because I always seem to carry enough things in my pockets as it is.  And lately, I have often found reason to fill up with a few rocks, and maybe a tennisball...
And a sling, of course. But a short one, I prefer them in the ĻApache SlingĻ lenght.  And I seem to have best results whith the Apache throw for trying to hit something.  And underhand, for a little bit of distanse.
timann

IP Logged

Burner
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take me out to the ball
game........

Northeast Florida
Reply #6 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 4:22pm

Sorry Timann,I misread.Included an image of what you might have looked like.Welcome to the forum.These guys are all crazy.

Cleveland Rocks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, David Morningstar)