Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello from Manchester, UK (Read 724 times)
David Morningstar
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

UK
Hello from Manchester, UK
Mar 22nd, 2008 at 11:44am

Hiya,

I browsed across this site yesterday and it brought back some fun memories Smiley

As a kid I tried making a simple sling with a two hole leather pouch but nothing would stay in it when I swung. I messed about with all kinds of schemes until I 'invented' the simple string sling exactly as you see it here:

http://slinging.org/index.php?page=making-a-simple-string-sling-an-illustrated-g...

But I still found stuff slipped between the pouch cords (maybe I should have been slinging bigger stuff!) so I did a simple over-under weave with another cord zigzagged down the length of the pouch and that was perfect. With the central pouch cord left a little longer than the others it formed a natural cup.

I can see from here my technique was rubbish, I was doing a vertical underarm with one windup and lobbing for distance rather than accuracy.

I made bigger one during my university days one winter and used it to lob snowballs in the park Smiley

I think I have caught the slingbug again, I want to get a vast spool of cord and start braiding!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Hello from Manchester, UK
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2008 at 12:25pm

well alright - it's like busses - no bugger for ever so long a time and then 3 come along at once :-)
English slingers that is :-)

Welcome to the forum.
Tell your friends.
:-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Rat Man)