Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Hello from New Zealand! (Read 9840 times)
Ethan
Funditor

so much depends upon a
red wheelbarrow...

On the edge of a lake...
Re: Hello from New Zealand!
Reply #45 - Mar 6th, 2008 at 8:29pm

Nice going B-K!

Food is a good thing to have as an area of expertise... At least in my opinion.

"Young men go to war. Sometimes because they have to, sometimes because they want to. Always, they feel they are supposed to. This comes from the sad, layered stories of life, which over the centuries have seen courage confused with picking up arms, and cowardice confused with putting them down."&&--Mitch Albom, The Five People you meet in Heaven
WWW Ethan Sithapprentice21  
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #46 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 10:58pm

Does eating food make you an expert or just making food?????/ Huh

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Gronk
Ex Member

Unga bunga!

Reply #47 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 8:47am

well, the two are kinda intertwined....if you don't eat, you starve to death before you can cook...and if you cook something and it kills you..again..pretty badly off.....lol

IP Logged

Gronk
Ex Member

Unga bunga!

Reply #48 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 8:54am

Aussie wrote on Feb 24th, 2008 at 4:42pm:
However I wish to point out that there may be some difficulties which would counteract the benefits of being readily able to apply ice to the injured parts. As you are aware, a kilt dangles down both in front and behind and offers no restraint to those parts which are already dangling down within its confines. All of these dangly bits will impede the required throwing action. What is needed is some method of altering the angle of the dangle. On the other hand the increased cold air flow will inevitably cause some contraction of the danglers which may be of benefit especially in already cold weather.

Aussie old son, it's called duct tape!
ask slingbadger, it's used for everything!

no bs here, I was at an SCA event, walking from camp to camp, (trying to find my tent and slightly inerebereateateded) when I overheard one guy saying to the other, who was holding an ice pack on his equipment 'it wouldnt' be bruised if you hadn't tried to improvise a condom from a ziplock baggie and duct tape.'

that still makes me go  Shocked

IP Logged

Ethan
Funditor

so much depends upon a
red wheelbarrow...

On the edge of a lake...
Reply #49 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 9:15am

WOAH! So much for my joining the SCA...   Tongue

"Young men go to war. Sometimes because they have to, sometimes because they want to. Always, they feel they are supposed to. This comes from the sad, layered stories of life, which over the centuries have seen courage confused with picking up arms, and cowardice confused with putting them down."&&--Mitch Albom, The Five People you meet in Heaven
WWW Ethan Sithapprentice21  
IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #50 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 10:44am

Ethan, that was probably at one of the Wars. Things are a little different there. Don't worry. You wouldn't be able to go to one until your 18 anyway.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #51 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 11:16am

lmao - duct tape + pubic hair = eyes watering lol

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Gronk
Ex Member

Unga bunga!

Reply #52 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 11:04pm

slingbader, you are correct! it was at estrella war in 2003!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar)