Send Topic Print
Hello (Read 1750 times)
Woody
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Birmingham, AL
Hello
Oct 31st, 2007 at 1:29pm

Just thought I would post a hello to all since I am new here. I am from Birmingham, Alabama and have long had an interest in primitive technology of all sorts. I have checked the site out pretty well and am very impressed with the amount of information here and look forward to possibly contributing some in the future.

IP Logged

OrangeDuck

Annoying my Mom with Slings
since 9/6/07

San Fransisco Bay Area, U.S.A.
Re: Hello
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 8:12pm

Yup there is a ton of information on this site. If you ever get bored just go through some of the older articles in General Discussion. There's some great stuff there. Also, you might want to get in touch with Trebuchet. I think he's from around your parts.

orangeiguanaduck  
IP Logged

axon50

Dein Schleuder baut auf
Ihnen.

nz
Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 2:25am

cool, enjoy your time on this site! Grin (and learn something to)

Žęr węron ongemang eallra žisra rinca seofone hund manna ža že węron wineserhande, žara ęlc cuše weorpan stan mid lišere and ne misweorpan. &&&&16 ferses 20 heafodwearde Demena bec. (Judges 20:16)

IP Logged

Artmaster7
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2007 at 1:50am

Smiley[color=#ff0000][/color]
Hello i am new to slinging.org, im Artmaster7 i've been slinging for at least one week. i have made three slings from this site and have made two of my own. and i have a question for those who have this problem, what can you use for face protection?

please write back Cool

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #4 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 5:20am

I have also very occassionally had the problem where the release cord has curled right around my back and over my head, hitting my on the face or eye. To be honest I don't take any precautionary measures when slinging but ordinary safety glasses would probably be quite sufficient protection.

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

Dravonk
Funditor

Aachen, Germany
Reply #5 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 7:11am

Not against a stone smacking on your head. An ordinary bicycle or workers helmet would probably be enough although I never used them. (I don't think I have any helmets anymore that fit me).

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #6 - Nov 8th, 2007 at 8:16pm

Welcome to the Forum Woody.
There is definately a lot of good info in the forums and in the articles section in the homepage
Marc Adkins

Woody wrote on Oct 31st, 2007 at 1:29pm:
Just thought I would post a hello to all since I am new here. I am from Birmingham, Alabama and have long had an interest in primitive technology of all sorts. I have checked the site out pretty well and am very impressed with the amount of information here and look forward to possibly contributing some in the future.

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #7 - Nov 9th, 2007 at 12:10pm

face protection ? Unless you are planning on having slinging wars with your mates - I can't honestly envisage a slinging situation where you would need it.
Do tell more - why do you need face protection :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Chris)