Send Topic Print
Where is it (Read 2649 times)
Dave M
Descens

Slinging Rocks at seagulls

Littlehampton West Sussex Eng
Where is it
Oct 1st, 2007 at 7:46am

I remember when I first joined slinging.org there was a post reference a sling pouch in a museum (it was either Southampton or Bournmouth) that had been mistaken for a shoe part can anyone please remind me as to which museum is is in and if it is on general display, as I am heading down that way this Saturday and it might relieve the stress of shopping with er indoors.

IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Re: Where is it
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 9:00am

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

Dave M
Descens

Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 10:16am

Thanks Steven
unfortunatley "Her who must be obayed" wants to go to Bournemouth to see a friend so as its In Southampton I will not get a chance to visit the museum, might have to wait untill I retire

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 12:43am

Thanks to the research of one of our members, the"shoe tongue" has been reclassified as a sling pouch.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 10:13am

That was me. The item is in the collection of the Southampton museum, Duncan Browne, curator. Someday I want to go over there myself, and actually see the thing.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Dave M
Descens

Reply #5 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 11:58am

Nice one slingbadger If I can get there after Christmas, I will see what I can find out from the curator Details as to where it was found and in what context etc etc

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Chris)