Send Topic Print
Hello (Read 2128 times)
Dave M
Descens

Slinging Rocks at seagulls

Littlehampton West Sussex Eng
Hello
Aug 28th, 2007 at 4:04am

Hi From Littlehampton West Sussex England not sure if I am doing the correctly as I have never done this before, thats the trouble with being old, I have just found out about slinging and its great fun on our beach

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Re: Hello
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2007 at 5:43am

Welcome from Australia,

Enjoy those lovely pebble beaches.

Aussieslinger

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2007 at 12:36pm

yep you posted correctly :-)

Ah pebble beaches - the rest of us can but dream.
But if (when) we hold a decent english sling meet, you now have the task of loading as many as you can get into a car and bringing them with you ;-)

We've got one or two slingers in your area who could help with the wheelbarrows :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Dave M
Descens

Slinging Rocks at seagulls

Littlehampton West Sussex Eng
Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2007 at 3:42am

[quote author=curious_aardvark link=1188288259/0#2 date=1188318980]yep you posted correctly :-)
Still learning on this not sure how it operates my grandaughter is better on the computer but I can sling better than her even though she tries very hard for a 13 year old, I have even trained the wife to collect the right sized pebbles for me.
But if (when) we hold a decent english sling meet, you now have the task of loading as many as you can get into a car and bringing them with you ;-)

We've got one or two slingers in your area who could help with the wheelbarrows :-)

[/quote]

IP Logged

kelthen
Descens

Eyay yesu domine... whack!
dona eais requiem...

Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2007 at 12:20pm

Hello dave. welcome to the forum.

This is the wattle, the symbol of our land. You can put it in a bottle, you can hold it in your hand. Amen.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Aug 29th, 2007 at 5:00pm

lol - it's usually a good idea add a comment to a quote :-)

like : -
'bugger off and get your own pebbles'
or
'I drive a dump truck - how many tons do you want :-)'
;-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

B.cereus
Descens

de la tierra al cielo

Florida
Reply #6 - Aug 29th, 2007 at 8:49pm

i wish i had a beach where i could sling freely Sad

“So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him…….”1 Samuel 17:50-KJV
IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #7 - Sep 1st, 2007 at 2:40pm

Welcome to the forum Sir

Marc Adkins

Dave M wrote on Aug 28th, 2007 at 4:04am:
Hi From Littlehampton West Sussex England not sure if I am doing the correctly as I have never done this before, thats the trouble with being old, I have just found out about slinging and its great fun on our beach

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #8 - Sep 1st, 2007 at 2:51pm

At least you have beaches,
Where i was the native stone was Sandstone unless you really lucked out and found a "rose rock"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_Rock

http://www.roserockmuseum.com/index.html

Now I'm in a more rockier part of the State and loving it, until I have to dig in the bleeping stuff.

Marc Adkins
Landlocked Oklahoma

[quote author=curious_aardvark link=1188288259/0#2 date=1188318980]yep you posted correctly :-)

[/quote]

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Dravonk
Funditor

Aachen, Germany
Reply #9 - Sep 3rd, 2007 at 9:16am

[quote author=curious_aardvark link=1188288259/0#5 date=1188421248]lol - it's usually a good idea add a comment to a quote :-)[/quote]
The comment was there, but hidden. I'll fix it:

[quote author=Dave M link=1188288259/0#3 date=1188373334][quote author=curious_aardvark link=1188288259/0#2 date=1188318980]yep you posted correctly :-) [/quote]
Still learning on this not sure how it operates my grandaughter is better on the computer but I can sling better than her even though she tries very hard for a 13 year old, I have even trained the wife to collect the right sized pebbles for me.
[quote]Ah pebble beaches - the rest of us can but dream.

We've got one or two slingers in your area who could help with the wheelbarrows :-) [/quote][/quote]

You can close and re-open the quote-tag.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #10 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 6:41am

well who'd have thunk it :-)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus)