Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Greeting from Finland (Read 1294 times)
Hurrigane
Tiro

Finland
Greeting from Finland
Aug 26th, 2007 at 1:06pm

Hello every one! I build my first sling 3 days ago and got really interested in slinging. I'v allways liked throwing stones but sling really took my interest to next level. I used to throw golf ball sized stones like 40-50 meters but when i tried to sling same sized rocks they went like 100 meters! Now i just have to practise with accuracy. I can hit like 2 stones of 5 in my target from 10 meters which is old car. So thats not so accurate yet. How fast you gain that kind of accuracy what i can see on videos?  Cheesy

Perkele!!

IP Logged

Dravonk
Funditor

Aachen, Germany
Re: Greeting from Finland
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2007 at 3:30pm

Welcome to the forum!

Are you sure the videos show all the attempts that were necessary? When Aardvark asked me for videos for his DVD project I sent only a very limited selection...

The speed of learning can be quite different. When you already have a lot of experience with throwing stuff by hand your accuracy will probably increase a lot faster than mine.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2007 at 5:07pm

on the other hand I never hit willeke once while slinging as close to the camera as I could :-)
lol
Accuracy take practice - how much practice depends how good your hand eye coordination, learning skills, sling and ammo are.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2007 at 7:45am

Haven't heard from willeke lately Cry

Welcome Hurrigane.

Accuracy is tough.  No one is pin point accurate as far as we know and it takes lots of pratice to get better.  Have fun!  Smash that old car and you may find your self aiming at smaller targets in no time.

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #4 - Sep 1st, 2007 at 2:39pm

Accuracy and distance are the two things most of us are still working on.
A lot of time,effort and dedication help to gain both of those. As you have discovered ammunition weight tends to help as well.

Welcome to the forum Hurrigane
Marc Adkins

Hurrigane wrote on Aug 26th, 2007 at 1:06pm:
Hello every one! I build my first sling 3 days ago and got really interested in slinging. I'v allways liked throwing stones but sling really took my interest to next level. I used to throw golf ball sized stones like 40-50 meters but when i tried to sling same sized rocks they went like 100 meters! Now i just have to practise with accuracy. I can hit like 2 stones of 5 in my target from 10 meters which is old car. So thats not so accurate yet. How fast you gain that kind of accuracy what i can see on videos?  Cheesy

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Chris, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus)