Send Topic Print
New from Thai (Read 1668 times)
Mr.Joel

Molon Labe

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
New from Thai
Aug 17th, 2007 at 11:37am

Hello Everyone!
I am an American living in Thailand. I make my living as an English teacher. I work in a bilingual school in Bangkok, teaching kindergarten. It's a laugh a minute! I just an enlarged KG kid myself, as you will soon read.

I have been a avid slinger for some time. I enjoy experimenting with various ammunition, and I even cast glands in an egg sinker mold. Of course I don't always use these, but they are as fun as it gets and as many of you must know quite spectacular in terms of performance.

Most recently, I received a couple of sling pouches from Aussieslinger, completely free and no strings attached.  What a guy! You don't see such unconditional coolness in this day and age. I attached two foot paracord cords, and waited for an opportunity to try it out. And then....I got myself in a fiasco with it:

We have long breaks between classes during lunchtime, about two hours, as the children nap in the afternoon. Another teacher and I were sitting by ourselves, marking worksheets. In a fit of boredom, and after being challenged, I  put a  "bullet" (sculpted from Play-Doh) in the pouch and nailed the water cooker in the office. It put a dent square in the center of the double walled cylinder, and we both nearly collapsed in hysterics. I turned it around, started whistling, twiddled my thumbs, and went for a smoke(I am absolutely sure none of you knows that feeling).

Mr. Joel

knock yourself out, tosser

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: New from Thai
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2007 at 11:45am

lol - add one more to the list of slinged stuffs - playdo !
:-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Mr.Joel

Molon Labe

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2007 at 12:12pm

Yeah, the dented cooker started getting really hot on the outside! Hey did I turn that thing off???

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #3 - Aug 18th, 2007 at 6:33am

lol get some little slings and some ping pong balls and you could organise the kids into slinging armies :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2007 at 11:19am

Welcome. Like your intro story ... since you have been slinging for some time; I hope to read more posts and learn what you have to offer our group.

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

Mr.Joel

Molon Labe

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2007 at 8:16am

I don't know about the kids, but the girls at the bar got this nifty trick with ping-pong balls......

IP Logged

Mr.Joel

Molon Labe

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reply #6 - Aug 22nd, 2007 at 2:20am

Seriously though, play-doh is  great indoor ammo(at least here where the walls are concrete). It seems it would be a superior less than lethal projectile as well. However, its dirt cheap here, it may not be for you. But you almost have to try to lose it, it sticks to anything flat. Certainly more fun than chasing tennis balls around, and it has heavier density than other practice ammo.
Mr.Joel

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, David Morningstar)