Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
its good to see you all are still here!!! (Read 1627 times)
B.cereus
Descens

de la tierra al cielo

Florida
its good to see you all are still here!!!
Aug 5th, 2007 at 3:15pm

First, this is a very informative site and I thank you all for shareing the knowledge and wisdom.
I had a previous membership under bcereus but i think it was deleted during my time away from home.

I have good news, I made my first sling with the instructions given by Zorro.....the one with the medical tape.
I felt ECSTATIC during my first attempts at using it.
Because of my location I had to adapt the technique for indoor use. I set up an 8 inch target on the wall using about 2 inch paper balls.  
I have a 30 percent accuracy inside 8 inches and 70 percent accuracy inside 12 inches all at 15 feet.
I am right handed and  drift to the left out side 12 inches during release, why?
I am using the under hand throw with the retention cord on my ring finger and the release in-between the thumb and index.
My projectiles release extremely fast and hard….. I was shock by the potential of the sling.

I hope to send some photos soon.

Thank you all for the welcome.

“So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him…….”1 Samuel 17:50-KJV
IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Re: its good to see you all are still here!!!
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2007 at 3:30pm

Welcome!

I was shocked by the power of the sling too at first. 

Have fun, see you around!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2007 at 5:44pm

yep it's an epithany I think we all share. [i]'Hmm, bit of string, bit of leather, rock. Ok. swish ! - Cor, well bugger me, that's one rock I won't see again. That goliath, what a sucker :-)'. [/i]

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

B.cereus
Descens

de la tierra al cielo

Florida
Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 2:28pm

thanks for the welcome Smiley

these are a couple of pics of my first sling.
i'm in the process of the last steps of my second sling and in the planning of my third.

“So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him…….”1 Samuel 17:50-KJV
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 7:32am

good looking sling :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #5 - Aug 15th, 2007 at 11:45pm

[quote author=curious_aardvark link=1186341333/0#2 date=1186436668]yep it's an epithany I think we all share. [i]'Hmm, bit of string, bit of leather, rock. Ok. swish ! - Cor, well bugger me, that's one rock I won't see again. That goliath, what a sucker :-)'. [/i]
[/quote]

You crack me up ;D

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #6 - Sep 1st, 2007 at 3:04pm

Actully for me it was "now that can't be right", then once I got the ammunition weight down and loaded it into my test staff sling that i built to help with the training, It was HOLY FREAKING ( Or a very similar word) COW!!!!! once I loaded up the hand sling it WHOA, and I was hooked, now trying to work on accuracy.

Marc Adkins

Curious Aardvark wrote on Aug 6th, 2007 at 5:44pm:
yep it's an epithany I think we all share. 'Hmm, bit of string, bit of leather, rock. Ok. swish ! - Cor, well bugger me, that's one rock I won't see again. That goliath, what a sucker Smiley'.

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Bill Skinner)