Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
heads up, the noob is slinging (Read 889 times)
Elthore
Tiro

heads up!

near Toronto, Canada
heads up, the noob is slinging
Aug 4th, 2007 at 2:43pm

hey slingers,

Im Ervan Bilgin from Ajax, Ontario, originally from Turkey.  21 years old and have been slinging for only a few months.
Got 3 slings....first one is made of old pant material, duct tape and shitty twine.
2nd sling is a long one (fingertip to almost opposite shoulder) made of old backpack mesh and thin hemp (doubled-twisted).
3rd one I recently constructed is an apache style sling made using leather from an old purse and thin hemp (doubled-twisted), however this sling was poorly constructed and is crooked and cupped too much.

Im by the lake so im usually slinging smooth beach rocks out into the water...at least before winter comes. The Canadian winter is a real buzz kill for slinging fun.

ps. this site is key for slinging

IP Logged

Dravonk
Funditor

Aachen, Germany
Re: heads up, the noob is slinging
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2007 at 5:42pm

Welcome to the forum! The lake I used is currently occupied by people lying on the shore or by many small boats in the water. So unless I want to play battleship, I shouldn't sling there. Tennis balls and parks are my current solution.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: heads up, the noob is slinging
Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2007 at 5:47pm

[quote]The Canadian winter is a real buzz kill for slinging fun.
[/quote]
that's defeatist talk is that - sling snowballs or iceballs or frozen moose balls :-)

Build a snowman, back up 20 yards and see how long it takes you to demolish it with slung snowballs.

On the one day we had snow in england this year even I slung snowballs :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Chris)