Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello from Simi Valley  California (Read 2325 times)
Captain Paul
Descens

der Schleudermeister

Bell Buckle,Tennessee
Hello from Simi Valley  California
May 28th, 2007 at 5:25pm

Captain Paul checking in and introducing myself.  I make my own unique slings and am trying to find out how to upload pictures of them.
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2007 at 11:20am by Captain Paul »  

113_1382.JPG (634 KB | )
113_1382.JPG

Never look down on someone--unless you are helping them up !

IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Re: Hello from Simi Valley  California
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2007 at 9:36pm

Hey! Welcome aboard Cap'n ...Looking forward to seeing your slings .....
After you 'start a new topic' and fill out the form with your text ...just below the text box  is an attach field for the url of your sling pictures ....

Steven says: ''

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - May 29th, 2007 at 12:19pm

try resising them first - generally aim for the width to be less than 800 pixels otherwise many of us have to use the sliders.

So do you sling anything other than golfballs ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Captain Paul
Descens

der Schleudermeister

Bell Buckle,Tennessee
Reply #3 - May 29th, 2007 at 1:11pm

The pouch was shaped on a golf ball,but I sling everything--rocks,lug nuts,sand ,gravel,golf balls,and anything that will fit in the pouch. Distance and accuracy are both excellent.

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #4 - May 29th, 2007 at 4:03pm

Very interesting pouch design.  Most of us who play with leather, have contented outselves with stretching the leather, cutting slits, or simply cutting and folding (e.g.,
Yurek's

design
).  The only other example I have seen of something more complicated, is AjlouniBoy's
cobra design
.  Now if you'll excuse me, I must go look for some rivets; I need to try out your design...

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #5 - May 29th, 2007 at 11:28pm

Captain Paul wrote on May 28th, 2007 at 5:25pm:
...I make my own unique slings ...

You certainly do. ... How are the cords attached to the pouch and the release tab? Glue? Stitched?
Knot? ... nice wrap where the cords attach to the pouch.

bits.jpg (59 KB | )
bits.jpg

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

Captain Paul
Descens

der Schleudermeister

Bell Buckle,Tennessee
Reply #6 - May 30th, 2007 at 9:55am

The cord is attached to the finger hold by sewing with the same string used to wrap the cords where they attach to the pouch.  The cords are attached to the pouch first by sewing and then by wrapping with the string.   The wrap I use is called English Whipping, the ends are underneath the wrapping and cannot come loose.  I have made many slings over the years,most of them were all sewn,but I found the Levi rivets at a craft store and they seem to work very well and are less labor intensive.  The finger release is a figure eight knot.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2007 at 5:21pm by Captain Paul »  

IP Logged

AZtopstitcher
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

New River, AZ
Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 10:06pm

Very nice design! I'm new on this forum too. BTW I just tried attaching some chord to a patch using the welting foot on my sewing machine. Whipping would be purely decorative, as this chord will not ever pull through. Works like a charm. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Do what you've always done and you'll get what you've always got."

IP Logged

Captain Paul
Descens

der Schleudermeister

Bell Buckle,Tennessee
Reply #8 - Jun 8th, 2007 at 10:56am

My pleasure!!  I have tried many methods of attaching the cords to the pouch,but sewing seems to work the best.  The whipping gives a little more insurance against pulling out the cords,and I have always liked using that type of wrap.  Glad you enjoy it also.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Bill Skinner)