Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
slings in re-enactments (Read 3819 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: slings in re-enactments
Reply #15 - May 30th, 2007 at 3:18pm

lol If you're close enough that you are doing more harm with the sling than the missile, you're too darn close. Just kick them in the nadgers and have done :-)

Range people - the whole point of the slinger is that by the time it comes to hand to hand, he's off round the back of the bulwark having a brew - he's done his work :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

RebelRedbird
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #16 - May 31st, 2007 at 9:55am

The game is really played much quicker than one would think.  Certain groups of people spend all their time running around flanks going after archers.  Often times you don't even see someone coming before they've killed you from behind even though you're at the back of the lines.  Someone slinging might not see someone behind them and cast a missle, hitting a would-be assassin in the process.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #17 - May 31st, 2007 at 10:33am

lol - so why would you be slinging at someone behind you, you couldn't see ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

RebelRedbird
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #18 - May 31st, 2007 at 11:35am

Wasn't terribly clear, was I?  What I meant was you'd be casting forward, and with the follow through it might hit someone standing nearby.  Or casting in an overhand style or hilocopter style might cause you to hit someone while it is swinging behind you.  By "hit" I mean strike with the stone still in the pouch, or whipped with the cord.  Not hit with the projectile.

IP Logged

Dravonk
Funditor

Aachen, Germany
Reply #19 - May 31st, 2007 at 12:51pm

You cannot sling in a crowd, there should be 1 meter room around you. If you are trained you might be able to sling in formation.

When a skirmisher runs at you, you should drop the sling, raise your shield and draw your sword. Wink That is one advantage of the sling, you can always carry a shield.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Kick, vetryan15, Morphy, Rat Man)