Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Slingfest Shirts - Rev "0" (Read 3957 times)
Loki
Ex Member

Re: Slingfest Shirts - Rev "0"
Reply #15 - May 30th, 2007 at 3:57am

The only problem I can see is that it is obviously christian and/or bible based. I am not christian but am not offended but there are others that are not christian and could possibly be offended or left out.

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #16 - May 30th, 2007 at 4:49am

OK!!! How about we just have a shirt that says  "Smite The _____________".
That way you could put in Exxon/Mobil oil conglomerate, Walmart, Chemtrail Sprayers, Yanks, French, non-slingers or WHOEVER!!!!!!!! Lips Sealed

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #17 - May 30th, 2007 at 7:01am

[quote]The only problem I can see is that it is obviously christian and/or bible based. I am not christian but am not offended but there are others that are not christian and could possibly be offended or left out. [/quote]

YOu know what they say:- seek and you shall find.
Where no problem exists, you can guarentee someone will find one.

In all honesty does anyone actually believe that a people who don't exist and whose actual identity is pretty much still a mystery - are going to give a flying fornication what's printed on a few t-shirts in wyoming ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Loki
Ex Member

Reply #18 - May 30th, 2007 at 10:54am

I only said it was the only problem I see. I never said it was a big problem. lol Wink

Loki

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #19 - May 30th, 2007 at 2:52pm

Quote:
The only problem I can see is  ... there are others that ... could possibly be ... left out.

Given the set of all persons of whom it might be said, "Smite the whatevers" -- I don't see being "left out" of that set as being a problem.

OK, yes, I did play rather fast and loose with that quotation...

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #20 - May 30th, 2007 at 3:15pm

Well this year we smite the philistines, next year we take on the hittites, the year after that the scientologists, and so on. That way eventually we'll smite everybody and no-one will feel left out :-)
A very fair system all round I reckon :-) (bet the bloody muslims complain though) ouch lol
Never did lay claim to being politically correct ;-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Loki
Ex Member

Reply #21 - May 30th, 2007 at 3:25pm

I am sorry for causing grief. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. *bows out*  Smiley

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #22 - May 30th, 2007 at 3:31pm

now there speaks an anarchist after my own heart :-)

[quote]Exxon/Mobil oil conglomerate[/quote]
lol my next door neighbour is uk sponsorship manager for exxon mobil and he's a great bloke. So I won't hear a word said against evil multinational oil conglomerates - we have to draw the line somewhere ;-)
(you know I almost typed that with a straight face lol)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Morphy, Chris, Rat Man, vetryan15)