Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Festival vs. Tourney (Read 5470 times)
Gunsonwheels

Slinging Rocks!

Wyoming Shoshone River Valley
Re: Festival vs. Tourney
Reply #15 - May 10th, 2007 at 2:01pm

I'm not sure but I think LH just volunteered to take over keeping the DVD current...   Wink

George N

IP Logged

Gunsonwheels

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #16 - May 11th, 2007 at 1:15pm

Probably won't have these but take a look:

http://www.pugilstick.net/

Scroll down and click on "Red Man Training Gear"  and then scroll down to the "Instructor Suit".  It looks good for tennis balls.

Grin   Roll Eyes   Wink

George N

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #17 - May 12th, 2007 at 12:36pm

that'll do for me :-)  Umm, but try and borrow it - looks bloody expensive, also the right colour for blood not to show :-)
Poeple wear protective suits for padded pugil sticks ?
See now that I wouldn't mind doing without protection.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #18 - May 12th, 2007 at 6:18pm

hey did I mention I enjoyed pugil sticks in infrantry lol

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

mangyhyena
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Colorado
Reply #19 - May 13th, 2007 at 10:31pm

Gunsonwheels, when will this event take place and where will it be held?

I live in Colorado and I'd love to attend.

IP Logged

Gunsonwheels

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #20 - May 13th, 2007 at 11:47pm

The dates are September 20 thru 22 of this year.  So far it appears that Curious Aardvark, Lobohunter, Techstuf, fogish, and myself are planning on attending.  Winkleried, Tint, Wanderer, neogeo and Larry Bray have expressed interest and are considered possible.  Larry wanted to try an assault on the distance record.  We make Denver from here in 10 hours but I have to potty stop for family every 1 1/2 to 2 hours so normal folks could shorten that a bit.  We are between Powell and Cody Wyoming about 60 minutes from Yellowstone park.   I may not make the 15th for a picture post but it won't be more than a day or two off.   Come on up and we'll slide over for you.  Also see the thread on page two regarding Getting Together of Slinging Enthusiasts...  We're going to do most of it here on our land but will try to use a neighbors for the max distance stuff.

Do an internet search for the "Buffalo Bill Historical Center".  They have five museums which includes one of the world's most complete firearms museum (even got a Gattling Gun).  That's just 20 minutes from here!!!

George N

IP Logged

fogish

Slinging?!

Oregon, USA
Reply #21 - May 14th, 2007 at 1:54am

I love the museums, especially the firearms museum. Well worth the visit, I will be stopping by when I am up there for the slingfest.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #22 - May 14th, 2007 at 6:57am

[quote]"Buffalo Bill Historical Center". [/quote]
Cool, I'll cadge a lift with fogish ;-)

Looks like we're starting to get numbers :-)

So pugil stick fights, sling standoffs - maybe you might want to book some paramedics as well lol

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

mangyhyena
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Colorado
Reply #23 - May 14th, 2007 at 9:29am

I don't see why I wouldn't be able to make it.  September is plenty of notice.  See you all there.

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #24 - May 14th, 2007 at 4:58pm

Gunsonwheels wrote on May 13th, 2007 at 11:47pm:
The dates are September 20 thru 22 of this year.  So far it appears that Curious Aardvark, Lobohunter, Techstuf, fogish, and myself are planning on attending.  Winkleried, Tint, Wanderer, neogeo and Larry Bray have expressed interest and are considered possible.  Larry wanted to try an assault on the distance record.  We make Denver from here in 10 hours but I have to potty stop for family every 1 1/2 to 2 hours so normal folks could shorten that a bit.  We are between Powell and Cody Wyoming about 60 minutes from Yellowstone park.   I may not make the 15th for a picture post but it won't be more than a day or two off.   Come on up and we'll slide over for you.  Also see the thread on page two regarding Getting Together of Slinging Enthusiasts...  We're going to do most of it here on our land but will try to use a neighbors for the max distance stuff.

Do an internet search for the "Buffalo Bill Historical Center".  They have five museums which includes one of the world's most complete firearms museum (even got a Gattling Gun).  That's just 20 minutes from here!!!

the buffalo bill cody ranch and musem is down the road from you in north platte nebraska I grew up near there. they used to have some real scalps in the museam when I was a boy wonder if that has changed

IP Logged

Gunsonwheels

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #25 - May 14th, 2007 at 9:43pm

Our family rode tandem bicycles across Nebraska in 1997 and spent a day drying out from a thunderstorm in North Platte.  Nice place but didn't catch the museum there.  If TechStuf is serious about his backyard and offers up a date for it's use we'll have to haul on down that way again... be sure and take it in.   My son and I are going to go see Aussie while we're visiting our daughter's family in Wellington, New Zealand... figured we couldn't get that close and not go over and throw some rocks together.. Wink

George N

IP Logged

Gunsonwheels

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #26 - May 17th, 2007 at 12:57am

The setup for the point blank targets is going to have two slingers shooting at the same time... more or less side by side...  Lessons learned will dictate an erected baffle between the slingers so if anyone hangs (or badly mis-times) a release, there will be no danger of their missile traversing sideways and striking the adjacent  competitor.  "Good judgement comes from experience... and that experience usually comes from bad judgement".   Future competition sponsors be warned... this baffle comes from bad judgement experience... DO NOT REPEAT THAT EXPERIENCE    Cry

George N

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #27 - May 17th, 2007 at 6:57am

see you're taking all the fun out of it ;-)

so who did you hit with a sideways rock then  ;-)

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #28 - May 22nd, 2007 at 4:12pm

I hit me once with a side ways rock lol

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, Chris, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker)