Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Aussie POUCH Product Recall (Read 4079 times)
Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Re: Aussie POUCH Product Recall
Reply #15 - May 17th, 2007 at 6:51am

The Mk.2's are a bit better for tennis balls because they are a bit wider, hence hold tennis and especially slightly heavier balls like baseballs more securely. On the down side the gap in the middle is also wider so small stones fall through, reducing versatility to a degree. I'm making up as many as I can for you to take. Is that estimate of 60 for real? I will be able to do it by the time you arrive, but will have to allocate a bit more time. No charge of course but your boys will have to fit their own cords.

Aussieslinger

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

Gunsonwheels

Slinging Rocks!

Wyoming Shoshone River Valley
Reply #16 - May 17th, 2007 at 10:37am

Yes on the estimate... The three classes I've taught had 18, 8, and 16 boys respectively... so I figure they are running about 10-15 for each one and I know I will be teaching at least 5 more... probably more like 10 that's why I didn't want to bug you before... maybe I should make up twenty with your patches to teach slinging with and then have them make leather pouched slings to take home... I guess I haven't got it all figured out yet...  let's say twenty for my visit and then I will go from there...

Thanks for your help and suppport .

George N

IP Logged

Gunsonwheels

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #17 - May 17th, 2007 at 4:28pm

Still thinking about this...  Please make me up six (6) and I'll make up that many slings of differing length cords.  I think my new class format will be intro followed by me demo'g throws followed by my working with each boy individually to throw balls with one of your pouches.  I'll use a slip knot for the loop and figure eight for the release so I can migrate the knots to fit the boy.  After getting through all the boys throwing with the demo slings, then we'll have them each make a sling with my stuff to take home (watch out mummy and daddy).  They can do rocks on their own and away from the larger concentration of people.  I have been giving each of them a printed sheet describing how to get to your's, sv's and TechStuf's throws on the site (also Carlson's fig 8 and Tint's... well whatever it is you call Tint's).  My warnings about the helicopter and any multiple turn setup will be more strongly emphasized along with having them only do, under my supervision, one or two of those principle once-around three. 
I have to rework a trailer to accommodate a quick setup and erection of the backstop frame and net but that shouldn't take too long...  The new format will better lend itself to doing in town around other buildings and people also.

Thanks again for your help and support!!!

George N

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #18 - May 18th, 2007 at 3:04am

I will make up as many as I can. I am sure they will be used eventually. Looking forward to discussing everything with you personally.

IP Logged

Gunsonwheels

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #19 - May 18th, 2007 at 3:44pm

Quote:
I will make up as many as I can

I only want/need six but not sure if "only" applies 'cause I don't know how long they take to make up and/or how busy you are with visitors.

Thanks again for your help

George N

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #20 - May 18th, 2007 at 6:59pm

No problems, I have over 20 already. By now they are very quick to make, if the material is already the correct width they take less than 10 minutes each. Cuttng down wider belts takes a little longer but still easy.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Chris, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Kick)