Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Where are the powerful shots? (Read 7430 times)
lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Re: Where are the powerful shots?
Reply #30 - May 7th, 2007 at 7:49pm

face It TS that was a wussy shot lol!!!!!!!!
now i wanted to post a couple wimpy stills of my own lol the first is 6'' of styrafoam ...
et.com/albums/v378/acscottthefirst/spikedamnmo.jpg

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #31 - May 8th, 2007 at 11:46am

[quote]I was merely wondering why there weren't any videos that showed distance. [/quote]

I'm working on it :-)
Won't be much distance - but I figure if dave backs up about 100 yards and I sling a tennis ball at him, it ought to look pretty good.  (dave's my designated cameraman lol)

That's the problem with distance shots is that the missile disappears much too fast for even a smooth traverse. I'll try it with various projectiles but I reckon a tennis ball will be easiest to track and realistically you need to do it from the impact end, so we'll probably rule out the lead glandes just to be on the safe side :-)

The list of stuff to film gets longer - and nope sorry gow, I'm not adding any thread-discussions to the dvd. The goliath video is going on - albeit without sound (don't ask me, it was there till I converted it. Somethng to do with the weird codec I got from downloading the flash video to avi - blame ts he won't send me the original :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Dravonk
Funditor

Aachen, Germany
Reply #32 - May 8th, 2007 at 12:17pm

[quote author=curious_aardvark link=1178169061/30#31 date=1178639169]That's the problem with distance shots is that the missile disappears much too fast for even a smooth traverse. I'll try it with various projectiles but I reckon a tennis ball will be easiest to track and realistically you need to do it from the impact end, so we'll probably rule out the lead glandes just to be on the safe side :-)[/quote]
You might try to place the camera behind a plywood (or other shield) set at a 45 degree angle and have a mirror to record your shot. In the worst case the mirror breaks.

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #33 - May 8th, 2007 at 3:03pm

Hey, how do the television camera people get those beautiful shots of professional golfers teeing off?  Well, to start with, they are professionals who have spent years learning how to follow things with a camera; we are not going to do as well.  But there are some tricks we could take advantage of.

It strikes me that all of the golf shots that I have seen, were taken from downrange using a telephoto/zoom lens to get close to the golfer, then backing down the magnification as the ball flies closer to the camera.  It probably also helps that golf balls are polished white.

So we are going about it backwards, when we stand behind the slinger and try to follow a dull-grey glans, or brown stone, or whatever, as it flies off into the distance AWAY from the camera.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

slinginginmass
Descens

Memorize A440

massachusetts
Reply #34 - May 8th, 2007 at 4:19pm

WOW!!  I NOTICED YOU HAVE FIVE DOLLARS!!   HEY BIG SPENDER!!

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #35 - May 8th, 2007 at 8:01pm

slinginginmass wrote on May 8th, 2007 at 4:19pm:
WOW!!  I NOTICED YOU HAVE FIVE DOLLARS!!   HEY BIG SPENDER!!

had five dollars lol

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Kick, Rat Man, Morphy, vetryan15, Chris, joe_meadmaker)