Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
T-Shirts and Hats (Baseball style) (Read 4049 times)
Gunsonwheels

Slinging Rocks!

Wyoming Shoshone River Valley
T-Shirts and Hats (Baseball style)
May 3rd, 2007 at 12:05am

We'd like to do T-shirts for the Wyoming Slingfest...  likely will go with the site logo over the left breast like the previous run.  On the back we'll probably have an image of a slinger in the starting position similar to one of the images on the coins...  above the image will be the festival theme "Smite the Philistine" in Gothic Italic font and under the image "Wyoming Slingfest 2007"...  it occurred to me there may be some folks from the site membership that may want a shirt in addition to those we will make up for attendees...  so...

I will get the artwork complete and shoot digital photos of the front and back designs and post them by mid to end of July....  We'll give folks a couple weeks to PM me their sizes so we can get the order turned in by mid-August... based on the business meeting today the price won't be much different than the rems of the last run.

The screen printing outfit in Cody also does hats embroidered with images of the customer's choice... I like a layout for the front of the hat pretty much exactly as you see at the top of this page with the site logo etc. in the same colors.   ...so file that away and we'll announce that availability at the same time we get the shirt design finished.  I think Chris has given us permission to us the site stuff but we'll get that reconfirmed before we fire the order.

Responses to this post will contribute to our commiment to pursue this effort...  there are only a handdful of members planning on attending the meet and I'm not sure the non-recurring costs of shirts and hats would be worth it for that small of a number...   so...  what say ye...???

George N

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: T-Shirts and Hats (Baseball style)
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2007 at 11:48am

xl - I'll take 2 or  3 if they come without sleeves (otherwise I have to de sleeve them myself)
Or 2 with sleeves and 2 without - getting sleeveless t-shirts in the uk is bloody hard I tend to buy cheap cotton shirts print my own up and remove the sleeves :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2007 at 1:33pm

I can not come to the meeting, but would still like to have one or two T-shirts (eiter with just Slinging.org or with the meeting date and place too.)

XL for me, please, posting and creditcard payments sould work. Otherwise I can open a paypal account.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #3 - May 3rd, 2007 at 3:32pm

Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it this year....gotta love changing jobs.
Anyway Xl on this end as well.

Marc Adkins

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

don1
Descens

Take that, you scoundrel!
(at dog pooping on grass

Valhalla
Reply #4 - May 3rd, 2007 at 7:25pm

Do you use, PayPal, George?

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors and laugh at them in our turn? --Jane Austen

IP Logged

Mordechaj
Funditor

I love Slinging.org!

zagreb, croatia (europe)
Reply #5 - May 4th, 2007 at 6:53am

i'd like 2 or 3 shirts and a cap.

i'll have to check sizes, i have shirts from M to XL, almost all of the same size (in cm) Cheesy

- resistance is NOT futile -

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #6 - May 4th, 2007 at 12:52pm

fruit of the loom - aren't a huge xl - but they don't generally shrink either, and are generally proportionally a good size.
My biggest problem is that a lot of t-shirt manufacturers just make them longer as the sizes increase, and it's the chest and shoulders I have problems with so the bloody things end up down by my knees :-)
Same with shirts - comes of being a utterly-non-standard-size-in-everything I suppose.

And don't talk to me about the skinny legged beanpoles they make trousers for. I have to go 2 sizes up on the waist just to stop the bloody things ripping when I bend my legs.
Maybe I'm a dwarf troll, it'd fit all the observable characteristics - hmm, perhaps the story about finding me under a mushroom wasn't a windup on my parents part after all :-)  

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #7 - May 4th, 2007 at 7:12pm

I'll take one medium shirt.  Email me with details when you figure it out: info@slinging.org

Chris

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #8 - May 4th, 2007 at 9:04pm

Two shirts in xxl and a hat for me please.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

1srelluc
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 5th, 2007 at 8:29pm

(1) Hat for me. Thanks

IP Logged

Gunsonwheels

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #10 - Jul 17th, 2007 at 3:04pm

Heard from Larry Bray in addition to above replies...  If any of you have changed your minds please let me know otherwise we'll be including your inputs in the order.   We'll probably hold the order open until about the middle of August so please get make your shirt/hat requests either as replies to this post or PM me.   Thanks

George N

IP Logged

Gunsonwheels

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #11 - Aug 3rd, 2007 at 11:41pm

I'll post the latest graphic for the shirt back by this weekend and the order will go in the end of this next week (Aug. 10).  The shirt front is the site logo over the left breast and the hats are the site logo on a kahki color with a green bill.  Shirts are light green, light blue, light yellow and natural (kinda an off white/sand color).  I'll order extras but it will be limited to 6-10 in each size.  Cost is $6.50 for shirts (up to XL and a buck extra for 2X and 3X) and the hats are $7.00.

George N

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #12 - Aug 4th, 2007 at 2:10am

How do we order???

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Ethan
Funditor

so much depends upon a
red wheelbarrow...

On the edge of a lake...
Reply #13 - Aug 5th, 2007 at 7:35pm

I'll order one shirt, Large please. (Had to turn around my current one to find out  Tongue)

"Young men go to war. Sometimes because they have to, sometimes because they want to. Always, they feel they are supposed to. This comes from the sad, layered stories of life, which over the centuries have seen courage confused with picking up arms, and cowardice confused with putting them down."&&--Mitch Albom, The Five People you meet in Heaven
WWW Ethan Sithapprentice21  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #14 - Aug 6th, 2007 at 5:24pm

any idea of chest size on the xl and x2 ?
I figure I'm about  50' (wrapped tape measure and breathed in).
I tend to shift about 18.6 tonnes a week on the pec deck. (I just look fat - honest, lol ;-)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Rat Man, Morphy, Kick)