Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
rawhide (Read 1083 times)
Guap
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

rawhide
Apr 15th, 2007 at 8:43pm

Has anyone tried to make a sling from rawhide?  Would that be too stiff or not.  I was thinking about trying to braid one, but I don't want to waste my time if it will be a failure.

If anyone has any pictures of one they have made from rawhide I would like to see them if possible?

Thanks
Guap

IP Logged

riverwindflutes
Tiro

The best slings in life
are free!!!

The Pinelands of New Jersey
Re: rawhide
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2007 at 8:59pm

I think rawhide would be to stiff of a material to use in general, may possibly be good for whipping though, when used to attach the pouch to the cords.
Don A.

"Use what talents you possess: the forest would be silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best".
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2007 at 9:25am

zweibulte has braided one from leather, which I should get soon - he did post a picture somewhere.
I assume as long as the rawhide isn't too stiff and you cut thin enough strips I can't see any problem.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Ęthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

grieving- august 13th/09 :(
Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2007 at 6:50pm

A rawhide pouch maybe?

...&&Each all must his end abide. august 13th, rip Sad&&Varje man är sin egen konung.
WWW Ęthelbera  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, vetryan15, Kick, Morphy, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark)