Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
we need a new record! (Read 17240 times)
Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

The best thing, is a good
sling.

Poland
Re: we need a new record!
Reply #15 - Apr 4th, 2007 at 4:44pm

dork wrote on Apr 4th, 2007 at 4:32pm:
Anyone can train train for distance, true its fun. I would like to see some set an accuracy record like most clay pigeons taken out in one minute. Or hitting a ping pong ball off a post at fifty yards.

Anyone can train train for accuracy, true is fun. I would like to see some set an distance record at 1000 m or even much more.

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #16 - Apr 4th, 2007 at 5:55pm

you Know GW book is all good and wonderful but why not set up are own records You  know have a few officials from slinging .org
a video cam distance all the good stuff  for instance. would not cost much more than time. I know often the most expensive asset
it could be as easy as Yurek setting up the vid cam throw in front of a couple offical people. measure it send the results to Chris to verify tech stuff could the same here. and anybody else that wish's heck I might even give it a shot my new  over hand helicopter style has hit 400 paces

but we know i am more of a accuracy fan. and a lead fan. how about it four ounce of lead egg.

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Reply #17 - Apr 4th, 2007 at 7:00pm

Quote:
would not cost much more than time.

Then certainly we can look forward to some meaningful footage of you, LH, in the near future?
I would actually love to see you in action, for the first time!  Especially with that overhand helicopter of yours!

Quote:
it could be as easy as Yurek setting up the vid cam throw in front of a couple offical people. measure it send the results to Chris to verify tech stuff could the same here.

Heck, you guys have seen enough footage of Yurek and me already.....

Quote:
but we know i am more of a accuracy fan. and a lead fan. how about it four ounce of lead egg.

Yes, we've often noted your adoration of accuracy slinging.....I'm sure I speak for us all when I say, we would all love to see you on video.  Maybe dust off your razor glandes or other interesting items and show us just how much of an accuracy fan we have only imagined you to be!

TS

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #18 - Apr 4th, 2007 at 11:21pm

Quote:
Hmmm was that a "put your money where your mouth is"?

Well, no....but very few of our number seem to actually enjoy walking the talk and it's always fun to see one of us step up to the plate and prove what's what from time to time.

Quote:
I would be willing to donate money towards the effort *IF* it would be handled by someone who knows how to keep proper accounting of such funding. Perhaps the members here would be willing to donate some funding for a worthy cause after a little research into what the procedure and application process is for such a thing?

Until we crack the mainstream a bit, I'm afraid we're stalled on account of lack of interest.  I mean, if we can't muster enough interest even among our core constituency, small as it is.....

Without a doubt, a good showing on a mainstream cable channel like History/A&E/Discovery could garner much interest.  I mean, look at what those two neophytic fruitloops on 'mythbusters' are doing every day......and they wouldn't know a fact from phylogeny.

I've no doubt that a few of you here could grab alot of attention for our sport with the right opportunity.

(If I got on T.V. I'd give us all a black eye or two for sure.)

TS

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #19 - Apr 5th, 2007 at 11:26pm

World records are usually ratified by the governing body of the given sport. Surely Slinging.org is the natural custodian and arbiter of such a record not Guiness, Heineken or even Coors.

Hey my corny joke just gave me an idea! Maybe some brewing company would like to get associated with (sponsor) such a world record attempt.

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #20 - Apr 5th, 2007 at 11:59pm

Quote:
Yeah well why not...Red Bull sponsors some silly make-a-parade-float-and-fly-it-off-a-cliff-and-into-the-channel event

Silly?  Thanks alot, I was planning to demonstrate my personal levitation skills at the next event....

But now that I find out how silly it really is,  I think I'll keep it to myself.

TS

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #21 - Apr 6th, 2007 at 12:40am

I guess we could all take our slings,  some water balloons and some eggs and fling 'em at the next Flugtag.

That would get us some exposure.

(insert tortuous drum roll here)

*Cymbal clash*

Buddum Bum

TS

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #22 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 6:06pm

Umm Ts there have been at least three vids of me on here if not more. Was poor Mitch a sleep again lol
the latest being this one http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v378/acscottthefirst/?action=view&current=MVC-...
btw I have never seen any vid footage of you either lol
P.S.
TS I also remember you chickening out on the great nebraska meet one forth of july lol
where you could have surely seen What I can or can not do. but I did say I was accuracy fan. not nesisarrliy accurate but I am getting there.

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #23 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 8:43pm

I get it.  So what you're saying really, is how do you know who's really who on video?

Now that I think about it....a meet is nearly mandatory to see what is really what and who is really who.  It's one thing to joke, but it would be nice to really know.
Too bad I couldn't make it up to Bellevue on the 4th.....I would have loved to see the results of the style indicated in your latest video!

It's difficult for me to reconcile the following imposing figure with the one on the video you just posted....are these in fact, one and the same individual....namely....you?  If so, Wow!  What's your secret! And the head of that mallet in your hand looks barely large enough to serve as adequate ammo for you!

Shocked

Also, lets see more footage, I'm sure we all would love to see you slinging your razor glans at a target....

TS

« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2007 at 9:50pm by Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua »  

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #24 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 8:53pm

Quote:
btw I have never seen any vid footage of you either lol

Lobo, you kidding?  Or you just been asleep?  There's several videos of TS around here somewhere.  Just recently he showed a
plywood Goliath taking one on the chin

FunSlinger,
I like that Red Bull idea.  Maybe we could see who can sling a full can of Red Bull the farthest...  Not quite as good as the Coors Silver Bullets, but we try!

No, no, not the womens' baseball team.  Not the super-streamlined automobile from Owosso Motor Car Company.  The aerobatic team!  Two guys flying
Bede BD-5J
s. (Gets confusing, every promotional gimmick Coors thinks up is called the Silver Bullets... )

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #25 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 10:05pm

I'll be at the punkin chunkin. In a kilt also.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #26 - Apr 10th, 2007 at 12:47am

Yes I am.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #27 - Apr 10th, 2007 at 6:00am

You too!! Grin

John Walker  
IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #28 - Apr 11th, 2007 at 4:37pm

definitly one in the same TS the purple was fall 2005 the differnce is from curent 247 now to 315 then
the cross peam hammer head your refering to is a four puond hammer
i will be doing something very like that pitcture this coming weekend
did get down to 220 lightest since high school the secret was the ackins diet and about sixty miles a week or more hiking this last summer
but I guess I will be honest about TS video's never saw one until dale posted it just now. but then over the last few years I have had several and he never saw one. one other thing Ts remember I am a good old fashion South western Nebraska boy.
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2007 at 4:04pm by lobohunter »  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #29 - Apr 13th, 2007 at 6:54am

why kilts - and in november - looking at the pics of last years chunkin it don't look too warm :-)

lobo you really slung a 4lb hammer head ? or did I get my wires crossed somewhere in all those numbers ?

As for the goliath video - I'd missed that as well lol
- nice bit of sidearm :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Morphy, vetryan15, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker)