Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ammo (Read 2251 times)
1srelluc
Ex Member

Re: Ammo
Reply #15 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 4:13am

Move in I don't know!!!!!! Visit OK. Plenty of room for a large RV. Electric is being worked on this week.
No running water but a couple of rain barrels are there for cleaning.

Catfish, Carp, Bass, Perch, eels. Some heavy metal contamination in fish but OK to eat in moderation. Fun to catch and release though. Some big cats at night prow around. Some very large carp too.

No crayfish big enough to eat. Good for bait.

July- mid. Sept it is hot and humid but cooler along the river. I have a lot of shade trees at the BBQ pit. It is on a concrete pad big enough for a RV  too. No electric on the pad though.

I prefer a come if you want to type of thing. Its there and not being used much. Quite frankly I'm not much of a host as far as events go. I work a 12hr. night shift at a prison so my days off are for catching up on and house/yard work, rest/hobbies, and mowing the river property of course. If another member would want to get something more structured together I would certainly make my property available for such a event.

You can rent a RV about 10 miles away from Dulles in Manassas, Va.

About the only rules would be to carry off your trash, no drugs, and if you break it fix it. There are neighbors within sight but as long as you knock off any loud noise by 2300 you are all right.

BTW I forgot to mention there is a nice wooden playset for kids and a rope swing. I have some inner tubes there for river floats too. It (the property) is not professionally maintained so things tend to be somewhat dusty. A bit of cleaning may be in order. I usually pressure wash things after the pollen slows down and the leaves come out in late may. Its not that big of a deal though.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #16 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 7:20am

sounds ideal :-)

But it'd have to be a proper event :-)

perch are usually good eating - dunno about the heavy metals though.

Dunno what your sgift patterns are like but prison guards i england tend to be off work more than they are on. Something like 3 days on 3 days off.
One of the mostly full time instructors at my gym is also a full time prison guard :-)
That's how much time they don't work.

your's probab;y isn't as good as that though :-(

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Mordechaj
Funditor

I love Slinging.org!

zagreb, croatia (europe)
Reply #17 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 7:48am

man, and i tought i had a big back yard.

hmm. i have a forest behing my house, but it's not mine (state property), and it's more a park than a forest now.

i did have a creek in my garden, but it's been channeled and dug in long before my birth.

gah, i love water. lakes are my favourite. then seas and rivers. high mountain lakes, forest lakes, adriatic sea, ...

water surrounded by trees. ah.

oh, going a bit off topic now.

i don't belive i'll be able to participate in any event - i'm a bit far from any other slingers.

- resistance is NOT futile -

IP Logged

1srelluc
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 12:39am

[quote author=curious_aardvark link=1174726906/15#17 date=1175944850]sounds ideal :-)

But it'd have to be a proper event :-)

perch are usually good eating - dunno about the heavy metals though.

Dunno what your sgift patterns are like but prison guards i england tend to be off work more than they are on. Something like 3 days on 3 days off.
One of the mostly full time instructors at my gym is also a full time prison guard :-)
That's how much time they don't work.

your's probab;y isn't as good as that though :-([/quote]

12hr shift.   7nights on and 7 nights off.   Take a shift off and you have 21 nights off. Whoo Hooo

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Rat Man, Morphy, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Chris)