Send Topic Print
a little modification (Read 1458 times)
kelthen
Descens

Eyay yesu domine... whack!
dona eais requiem...

a little modification
Mar 18th, 2007 at 10:12pm

on the end you hold on a sling i made, i wove a bright orange string in with the handle. good for visibility if they get tangled up.

This is the wattle, the symbol of our land. You can put it in a bottle, you can hold it in your hand. Amen.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: a little modification
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2007 at 7:44am

tangled up with what ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2007 at 3:10pm

With Who?? Huh

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Monster
Descens

Calgary, Canada
Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2007 at 9:17pm

I always use 2 different coloured cords, the darker one always has the loop that my fingers go in, the lighter is the one that gets released.  I find that it is quicker to reload once you get use to knowing which colour to grab.  The cords are about 3 feet long so do at times get tangled around each other, trees or just my body.

-Self inflicted wounds don't count for sympathy.&&

IP Logged

kelthen
Descens

Eyay yesu domine... whack!
dona eais requiem...

Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2007 at 8:11pm

yeah, around each other.

This is the wattle, the symbol of our land. You can put it in a bottle, you can hold it in your hand. Amen.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 12:46pm

use a shorter sling :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Monster
Descens

Calgary, Canada
Reply #6 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 7:08pm

I tried shorter slings and different styles after discovering that I wasn't the only slinger in the worid. (ie after finding this site) but after 30+ years (I sound old) my body has trained itself to do everything instinctively.  I started out with this idea in Junior High of making a sling and learning how to use it with out any knowledge or instruction, just what I learned by trial and error.  I still like trying out the ideas I get off of this website but when I want to relax and have fun, I go back to the longer sling, that sometimes tangles on itself.  Hence the 2 colours cords to unsort quickly

-Self inflicted wounds don't count for sympathy.&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Kick, Morphy, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Chris)