IP Logged

Stringman
Descens

Think meteorites, we are
not alone.

England
Re: ice ammunition
Reply #16 - Mar 15th, 2007 at 10:23am

I got 200 water bombs, small ballons, and a plastic pump ( just a rubber bulb, nozil and valves, type thing, bit like the air brushes you can get to clean camera lenses ) packed together for 99p from a discount center.  I filled and froze some and they went okish, very light so very slow, short range and a bit slippery in the pouch but looked great as they smashed on impact.

Slings: bestowing the gift of flight on paralyised rocks from the textile age and before. It only takes a moment to help, please give your time generously.

IP Logged

kelthen
Descens

Eyay yesu domine... whack!
dona eais requiem...

Reply #17 - Mar 15th, 2007 at 6:13pm

i was trying to find a way to make it pointy...

This is the wattle, the symbol of our land. You can put it in a bottle, you can hold it in your hand. Amen.

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #18 - Mar 15th, 2007 at 6:52pm

Do you have egg boxes that have shaped parts for each egg?
You might be able to shape the waterbaloons in one of those.
(Just a thought, I do not know if it works.)

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

kelthen
Descens

Eyay yesu domine... whack!
dona eais requiem...

Reply #19 - Mar 15th, 2007 at 7:20pm

were you talking to me or string man?i dunno if we have "egg boxes" in the states. we have egg cartons, but they are flat on top.

This is the wattle, the symbol of our land. You can put it in a bottle, you can hold it in your hand. Amen.

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #20 - Mar 15th, 2007 at 7:25pm

I was talking to you, Kelthen.
It is the inside that needs to have shaped parts, so each egg, of waterballoon, has its own pointy container.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Dravonk
Funditor

Aachen, Germany
Reply #21 - Mar 17th, 2007 at 10:02am

Dale wrote on Mar 9th, 2007 at 4:37pm:
I went back to modify that post, and looked down at the bottom, and the "Disable" checkbox was checked.  I didn't think to scroll down and look, before.  I do not know how it got checked, but obviously I did it.

It is checked by default when you quote a post that has smilies disabled. It happens to me most times when I reply to a post by Curious Aardvark, he seems to have smilies disabled by default for all of his posts.

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #22 - Mar 17th, 2007 at 10:55am

Oh!  And I quoted Curious_Aardvark, so that's probably how it happened.  Danke, Dravonk!

All our snow is gone, no more snowball slinging this season...  Sad

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #23 - Mar 19th, 2007 at 8:27am

YES ! It was me lol
I'm a traditionalist when it comes to smileys. Dates back to the fact that I was alive when they were originally invented and sad as it sounds did used to spens time making them up at college (steam powered computers back then lol)
So I always tick the smiley box :-)
Had no idea it was contagious though - good to know I'm still spreading the word lol

As for water balloons, hmm perhaps you need to fill them up a bit more stringman ?
I would think that somewhere between egg and tennis ball size would give a decent weight. I slung snowballs this year (on the 2 days we had snow) much lightter than frozen water bombs but went great for distance.
We used to fill them up by forcing the neck of the balloon over a tap and turning the tap on - that way you can fill with more water than using those little crappy pumps they come with :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Rat Man, Morphy, Chris)