Send Topic Print
ice ammunition (Read 3861 times)
kelthen
Descens

Eyay yesu domine... whack!
dona eais requiem...

ice ammunition
Mar 7th, 2007 at 6:17pm

first, take on of those plastic easter eggs. punch a centimeter wide hole in the top. duct tape the seam between the two halves. pour water in through the hole. put a small piece of duct tape on the hole to seal it. put it in the freezer overnight and let it melt a little bit so you can open up the egg. then you sling it. *a word of caution* these things have a blast radius, so watch out for flying shards of ice.

This is the wattle, the symbol of our land. You can put it in a bottle, you can hold it in your hand. Amen.

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Re: ice ammunition
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2007 at 7:20pm

Happy Easter lol

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2007 at 11:34pm

I watched a programme in the National Geographic, water pre-heated and then put into freezer will freeze faster than normal... I'm not sure. I can't remember. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2007 at 1:52am

LKH9 wrote on Mar 7th, 2007 at 11:34pm:
I watched a programme in the National Geographic, water pre-heated and then put into freezer will freeze faster than normal... I'm not sure. I can't remember. Roll Eyes

Loh_kah_hoe,

I know of someone who did this, to see if it worked.  Here is a link to
his account of the experiment

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2007 at 2:05am

FunSlinger, quite all right with me.  I typically just mention the name of who I'm replying to, and leave it to the reader to backtrack to the most recent post by that person, if they are curious as to what I'm talking about.  If quoting is the correct way to do it ... well, then I've been doing it wrong for quite a long time.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

riverwindflutes
Tiro

The best slings in life
are free!!!

The Pinelands of New Jersey
Reply #5 - Mar 8th, 2007 at 5:56am

Ice Ammo!!!  Great idea,   Tried it today,  really loved how the ice exploded when it hit a tree.
Don A.

"Use what talents you possess: the forest would be silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best".
IP Logged

LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Reply #6 - Mar 8th, 2007 at 6:18am

I remember that programme, it's called 'mad lab'!

Dale, that's a nice link! Cheesy

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #7 - Mar 8th, 2007 at 2:03pm

FunSlinger wrote on Mar 8th, 2007 at 2:53am:
Dale wrote on Mar 8th, 2007 at 2:05am:
If quoting is the correct way to do it ... well, then I've been doing it wrong for quite a long time.

No, no, not necessarily. It just helps to prevent backtracking...when topics get long...as many on this forum do, it just helps future readers for individual posts to be as self-contained as possible, but entirely up to the poster which way they wish to go. I was doing the mod on your post as much to be helpful as I was to test out the moderator abilities.  Cool

Oh, wonderful, the new mods are experimenting on each other!   Grin

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #8 - Mar 8th, 2007 at 5:06pm

now! now! this a family orenitated forum

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #9 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 7:23am

kelthens method seems much simpler than funslingers - and no I don't want the relevant bits quoted in this post - what incentive do people have to peruse the whole thread if it's constantly recycled at you ?

Quoting is useful where the reference isn't obvious - but mass quoting is just a bit patronising :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #10 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 3:34pm

FunSlinger,
The last eight years (which is all the longer we've been here) we have gotten a foot or more of snow, just when the daffodils are starting to bloom.  One day, it's like spring, complete with flowers; the next morning, they are buried.  This year's snowfall is just about done melting, but I've had fun the last week tossing snowballs at trees.  The dog gets very frustrated, waiting for me to quit playing with the snow and toss the tennis ball again...

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #11 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 3:35pm

[quote author=curious_aardvark link=1173309468/0#13 date=1173443034]... but mass quoting is just a bit patronising :-) [/quote]
Is NOT!  ;D

(edit five seconds later) Hey what happened to my smiley?

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #12 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 4:08pm

Dale,
Did you check the Disable Smilies?
Because your smiley is one that should show, unlike the one I am using now ;o)
Wink

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #13 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 4:37pm

Willeke,
I went back to modify that post, and looked down at the bottom, and the "Disable" checkbox was checked.  I didn't think to scroll down and look, before.  I do not know how it got checked, but obviously I did it.  Thanks!

Let's see, where were we?  Oh, yes ...
Quote:
...patronizing.

Is NOT!
C_A: Is SO!
Dale: IS NOT!!
C_A  IS SO!!!!
Dale: NOT!!
C_A: IS!!
Matthias: BOTH OF YOU GO TO YOUR ROOMS!
Dale:
oops...

Grin

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #14 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 4:51pm

lol matthias just got his bowl so I get to stay up and you have to go to your room :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Morphy, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker)