Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
String too taut? (Read 1043 times)
LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
String too taut?
Mar 3rd, 2007 at 6:11am

When I sling too hard with figure-8, the projectile will jam and won't release clean... Why? Shocked

IP Logged

sv
Funditor

ireland
Re: String too taut?
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2007 at 6:44am

i would try another style that's easier - fig 8 isn't "better" if you can't do it - i can't either 
sv

IP Logged

LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2007 at 7:19am

It happens when I spin the string very quickily. Some shots were released clean and I'm surprised by the speed. It's very powerful when I do it right. The figure-8 is also very good because my shoulder now needs rest from the Apache throws. It needs less effort. Roll Eyes

When I sling outdoors, I have pressure and won't do it right.. Undecided

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2007 at 11:42am

Hoe,
When you sling outside, do you have a place where there are no people?
I like a field with no watchers, myself. That way it does not matter if I look silly.
If you can sling like that a few times it might improve your confidence and you might be getting better even when there are people near.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2007 at 11:54am

When I think I have enough practice indoors, I'll pluck a heavily pesticided lime(not edible because of that) and try to sling it behind my house. The little lime sure won't do any damage to windows... I can't even stand with the proper way outside....

I have more confidence with my greek overhand, but not powerful enough to throw a heavier rotten mandarin orange.

Now, I noticed some risk at the place where I mentioned. Some cars may pass by my range without emitting any noise! Shocked And the long grass there some more block my view for passing by vehicles. There is also a junkyard beside my range. Now, I don't know where to sling some rocks... I won't sling there again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Chris)