Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 372 373 374 375 376 ... 518
Send Topic Print
Pictures of Slings and Slinging (Read 2208654 times)
joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: Pictures of Slings and Slinging
Reply #5595 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 8:12am

@DesertWalker - Nice!  How is it working for you?

@metalode - That's beautiful.  I love the colors Smiley

IP Logged

DesertWalker
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Cave Creek, AZ
Reply #5596 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 12:33pm

joe_meadmaker wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 8:12am:
@DesertWalker - Nice!  How is it working for you?

Just finished it yesterday, but the few throws I did to test it out went pretty well!

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #5597 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 4:36pm

Kick wrote on Jun 7th, 2019 at 10:51am:
Ah ok I see. I think tennis balls are a better fit for the pouch I have on it now. I do really need to go and test it some more and see how it goes.

This is a pretty late comment on what I said before but I managed to test the captured-release sling some more and, after some adjustments, I think I've finally got it releasing at the right time. Honestly, it's not much of an improvement over a normal sling but it's an interesting design and I felt I had to have at least one for the collection Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5598 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 5:11pm

“Bear Claw” asymmetric sling...  33 inch (84cm) long sling made from 4-strand round braided jute with a leather reinforced finger loop. All the leather came from an old couch that was being thrown out. That’s right... I weaponized a couch!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #5599 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 6:18pm

@NOC - That looks great!  I just read your other post about getting leather from the couch and was curious what it looked like.  Didn't take long to find out Cheesy

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #5600 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 8:03pm

NOC I really dig that.
Do you find the assymetrical pouch behaves any different?

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5601 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 9:06pm

I haven’t tried this one out yet, and I don’t have hard numbers on normal vs asymmetric sling designs, but it should theoretically have a more consistent release because the release side of the pouch moves out of the way with less resistance.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #5602 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 2:52am

The Cthulhu sling I got from Flint (where is Flint? He disappeared ages ago.) is the same sort of shape and has the smoothest release of any sling I've ever used. It feels amazing to sling with.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Frondeur

I'm the lead slinger in
a hard rock band

France
Reply #5603 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 4:51am

Ow! I had forgotten about this assymetric pouch! another project for me, when I get a chance to braid again.
- I've got a good internet access for now, but not a single bit of twine with me!

Kick wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 4:36pm:
Honestly, it's not much of an improvement over a normal sling

Well, the advantages of a "captive" are quite specific: I made it for narrow path slinging (ie forest), and that's the only use for me.
there's still the timing correction on long slings, but I never really explored this.
and of course S'clash players have somthing to say about this...
http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1501700280

IP Logged

metalode
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

QLD Australia
Reply #5604 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 2:24am

I walked over to the park (my house is in background) to do some slinging and one of my daughters decided she prefered my new sling. Bit big though, it's 900mm-35 in folded but she likes it.

sling_2.jpg (149 KB | 35 )
sling_2.jpg

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5605 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:57pm

Thumbs Up Who on this forum ever suspected they would see a left handed female slinging with a 35" sling! What are the odds?

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

TheMightyAslan
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Manchester / Caernarfon UK
Reply #5606 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 8:52pm

Just finished this today, an aztec style, round braid sling from paracord. Chucks egg sized rocks like an absolute powerhouse

IP Logged

metalode
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

QLD Australia
Reply #5607 - Jun 15th, 2019 at 1:02am

walter wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:57pm:
Thumbs Up Who on this forum ever suspected they would see a left handed female slinging with a 35" sling! What are the odds?

Yep she gets it from me, I golf lefty, rifle shoot right, use bows lefty and sling right although im trying to learn to sling ambidextrous.
Made a couple quick slings, one for younger daughter and blue one for me. Blue one was done in 20 minutes.

sling_4.jpg (135 KB | 39 )
sling_4.jpg

IP Logged

vashu1
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5608 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 10:58pm

Tried to improve accuracy by making staff sling with short handle and hook.

First tries felt good but I don't really have experience or time.

Did anybody experiment with hook release?

sling_big2.jpg (307 KB | 41 )
sling_big2.jpg

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #5609 - Jun 21st, 2019 at 12:32am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 5:11pm:
“Bear Claw” asymmetric sling...  33 inch (84cm) long sling made from 4-strand round braided jute with a leather reinforced finger loop. All the leather came from an old couch that was being thrown out. That’s right... I weaponized a couch!

I really need to try one of these. I wonder if a woven pouch can be made Egyptian style with only one side cupped?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 372 373 374 375 376 ... 518
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Morphy, vetryan15, Rat Man)