Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 368 369 370 
Send Topic Print
Pictures of Slings and Slinging (Read 1156258 times)
joe_meadmaker

PA, USA
Re: Pictures of Slings and Slinging
Reply #5535 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 9:57pm

I finished a new sling tonight.  I don't recall seeing a pouch done this way.  So I'm curious if anyone has seen or used one like this before.  Essentially it's a braided split pouch sling, which then has a piece of leather attached to fill in the pouch.

Here is the sling after braiding was complete.  It's made from linen cordage.

Here is a shot of the leather before attaching it to the sling.

Here is the sling with the leather pouch attached.  I put it on with rivets.

And finally, a close up shot of the pouch.

When I got done I couldn't wait to try it.  I went outside and gave it a throw in the dark.  No idea where that apple went, but the throw and the sling felt very solid.  I'm still concerned that the position of the leather might slide around on the sling.  But I can't wait to give it another go when I can see.

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5536 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 8:45am

It looks almost, but not quite like an Apache. Pretty sure you have an original. As usual, nice work Smiley
Where did you get the linen?

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

PA, USA
Reply #5537 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 9:57am

Thanks!  I actually don't recall where the linen is from.  I've had it for quite a while, and it was lost for part of that time.  I found it in a closet a couple weeks ago and decided to try a sling with it.  Probably got it through ebay or something like that.

The cord pretty thin.  It's about the same diameter as the hemp I use.  I made this sling a little longer than normal, so I went with 16 strands in the braid instead of 8 like I usually do with hemp.

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #5538 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 4:55am

Wicked new design!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 368 369 370 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Curious Aardvark) - (Moderator Group: Forum Moderator)