Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 356 357 358 359 360 ... 518
Send Topic Print
Pictures of Slings and Slinging (Read 2209040 times)
Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Re: Pictures of Slings and Slinging
Reply #5355 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 5:24am

Some hits

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Funditor406
Descens

Shattered Remains. Wonder
why.

Turah, Montana
Reply #5356 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 1:46pm

What else can I say? I be jelly of those hits. Wink

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #5357 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 6:17pm

I had a good time yesterday , first session in months

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5358 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:37am

Bill Skinner recently brought up the topic of how the depth of the cup affects the throw. I don’t think I’ve shown this sling yet, but it’s an asymmetric hybrid flat/cupped sling, and it’s my favorite general purpose sling, because it works with tennis balls, rocks of any size, and whatever else fits in the pouch. The retention side has a deep cup, but the release side is flat. It’s also a really long pouch so you can put a lot of spin into the projectile.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #5359 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:53am

Ooooo that does look nice. Very sleek.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #5360 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 2:47pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:37am:
Bill Skinner recently brought up the topic of how the depth of the cup affects the throw. I don’t think I’ve shown this sling yet, but it’s an asymmetric hybrid flat/cupped sling, and it’s my favorite general purpose sling, because it works with tennis balls, rocks of any size, and whatever else fits in the pouch. The retention side has a deep cup, but the release side is flat. It’s also a really long pouch so you can put a lot of spin into the projectile.

That may well be a new design. Has anyone else heard of such a thing?  Interesting idea. I can see where you are going with that train of thought. Have you noticed it being more accurate?

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5361 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 4:05pm

I don’t know if I’m the first, but it was my own design. Hard to say about accuracy, because it also has a longer cord than my others, so I don’t have anything that’s a fair comparison. These are the kinds of things I will test on a trebuchet when I get that going. I plan to get that done this year, but probably not this month Smiley

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5362 - Jul 15th, 2018 at 12:52am

As promised, here is the finished sling made with bamboo cordage. I made this one for my wife who started using my slings to play fetch with our dog. The colors remind me of a Mexican Fiesta Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #5363 - Jul 15th, 2018 at 3:00am

That looks really awesome. All my slings end up boring colours. Might need to make some fancy ones Cheesy

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #5364 - Jul 15th, 2018 at 9:40am

Wish I could get my wife to sling. That is nice. Are the cross straps along the pouch just for aesthetics or also meant to carry some of the load?

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5365 - Jul 15th, 2018 at 10:25pm

Yeah, she may not be a hardcore slinger (yet), but  I am happy she’s taking an interest (and so is my dog! Grin ). The cross straps started as a way to hold the shape on my hemp sling before I decided to add the leather (posted on 6/28/2018 about a page back).  I liked the look, so I kept it on this one too. In theory it should take some of the load off of the stitching, but it’s mostly just for looks Smiley

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #5366 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 12:03pm

Interesting hybrid pouch- I've wondered before if such designs might be able to benefit from the best of both worlds, but not got round to trying it before.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #5367 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 3:13pm

Finally dragged myself out despite the heat (had to wait til past 8pm for it to be cool enough to stand). The paper bag worked surprisingly well as a target. I tried out BAMBULA's fig 8 style throw which works well but I'm still rubbish at it. I actually did quite well with Greek style and Balearic. Balearic particularly. I've been using it so much for long distance I forgot that it's good for target slinging.

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #5368 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 12:39pm

Wicked cool sling Morphy! That’s something to be very proud of.

@nooneofconsequence - check out ratman’s cobra slings. They’re a different take on the same concept.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5369 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 10:06pm

I’ve been able to crank out about one per week lately. This one is black, white, and grey hemp with a grey suede pouch and dyneema stitching. Finally it was whipped with a black waxed cotton. Worked great at the dog park with tennis balls today.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 356 357 358 359 360 ... 518
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Chris, Kick, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15)