Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 ... 519
Send Topic Print
Pictures of Slings and Slinging (Read 2232430 times)
walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Pictures of Slings and Slinging
Reply #5265 - Apr 22nd, 2018 at 11:50am

Thanks Smiley

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Al Paca
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #5266 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 5:45am

Leather and jute.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #5267 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 5:52am

Looks good. How does it handle?

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5268 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 6:46pm

Tried my hand at a modified rockman today.  The release cord ends in a crown knot, then the round braid transitions to the traditional flat braid. The whipping on the finger loop is purely cosmetic. I like the contrast of the black cord against the jute, but it doesn’t serve any functional purpose. I’ve only taken a couple of throws with a tennis ball so far, but it seems to handle well.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5269 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 6:48pm

... oh yeah. I gave it a once over with some wax, then burned off all the jute hairs to get that smoky look. Almost forgot to mention that part.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #5270 - Apr 29th, 2018 at 3:46am

Looks good!

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Alex.Ost
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Freiburg
Reply #5271 - Apr 29th, 2018 at 1:04pm

I was on a one week hiking trip to Mallorca 3 weeks ago, naturally i took my Sling with me. A couple of pictures came out okay:

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=8786ea-1525022137.jpg
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=0c03c4-1525022198.jpg
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=f5d256-1525022220.jpg

The Sling is made by Luis

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #5272 - Apr 29th, 2018 at 2:07pm

Luis's slings are awesome.  I have one in my collection

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #5273 - Apr 29th, 2018 at 2:44pm

Nice looking slings guys. I like that smokey look NoOneofConsequence. What's the length on it?

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5274 - Apr 29th, 2018 at 3:44pm

Those are some great vacation photos, Alex!

@Morphy: it’s about 30 inches to the center of the pouch.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5275 - May 9th, 2018 at 10:51pm

I tried my hand at a two-tone hemp sling this week. I have not tried throwing with it yet, but I like the look and feel better than jute so far. It’s 25” ( ~60cm) from release knot to pouch center.  The retention cord is a standard 3x6 flat braid. The release cord is a 4-strand diamond round braid with a series of crown knots at the end.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5276 - May 9th, 2018 at 10:55pm

Heres a close-up of the two-tone patterns

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5277 - May 9th, 2018 at 11:27pm

nooc, I like the look of jute if it is made from good quality fiber, but like hemp better mainly because the fiber is slightly heavier. In my humble op, a 27+" sling should weigh 2oz Huh

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5278 - May 11th, 2018 at 10:38pm

Update: I had a chance to throw with the hemp sling  and it works well with tennis balls, which it was designed for, but not as great with medium or small rocks because the pouch is so wide.

IP Logged

Teg
Interfector Viris Spurii

Central Europe
Reply #5279 - May 13th, 2018 at 9:20am

Fellow braiders, I have a challenge for you.

On a scale from 1 to crazy: How cool is this?  Grin

---
Sample piece to explore new ways to make fingerloops and possibly also pouches.

Wool, 2 x 24 strings in a dot-weave pattern, freehanded fistbraiding.
Used tools: scissors.

crossroads_-_lr.JPG (263 KB | 27 )
crossroads_-_lr.JPG
crossroads_2_-lr.JPG (259 KB | 49 )
crossroads_2_-lr.JPG

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 ... 519
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Morphy, vetryan15)