Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 345 346 347 348 349 ... 519
Send Topic Print
Pictures of Slings and Slinging (Read 2229621 times)
Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Re: Pictures of Slings and Slinging
Reply #5190 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 2:24pm

Looks good. What's used for the whipping?

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5191 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 5:12pm

Thanks! The whipping is synthetic sinew from Tandys.

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5192 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 6:09pm

Tried a couple of these in jute, but they are too light for me. This is made with 2mm hemp. It has a 5 strand flat braided finger loop, 8 strands round braided over a core of 2 on the retention cord and a wrapped on release "bead" . Cracker is not replacable.  Twenty five inches from pouch ctr to release. A hair under 2 oz. Throws as well as I hoped.

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #5193 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 7:17pm

Beautiful.  Walter, the onew I have from you from SITH, it sits in my exotic sling collection.  I freaking love it. I did use it a few times. .it's awesome

IP Logged

RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5194 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 8:10pm

i am pretty much only doing noodles these days(actually as of late i have found a hobby in just throwing rocks by hand.  i use a different style than i use to use and my accuracy and power have improved.), but that is one fine looking sling, walter.

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5195 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 8:13pm

Thanks for the feed back Smiley
I have a dozen braided slings and thinking I might try selling those, netted bags, yucca fiber, bow drills etc. on etsy. Is that venue working ok for you?

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #5196 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 10:20pm

Mersa wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 6:41am:
Pig melon practice

Nice throw Mersa! In the shot from behind you it looks like your slinging at dawn or dusk? Really strikes a chord with me. I've spent too many evenings to remember slinging through the evening into twilight out in the country. Such a beautiful feeling. Great video my friend.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #5197 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 9:08am

walter wrote on Mar 18th, 2018 at 8:13pm:
Thanks for the feed back Smiley
I have a dozen braided slings and thinking I might try selling those, netted bags, yucca fiber, bow drills etc. on etsy. Is that venue working ok for you?

Since I started my etsy shop in 2015, I have done decent.  It's not a quick get rich, but in my situation it has helped alot. The biggest issue is promoting,  which I do myself on social media.  I don't feel I should pay to have etsy promote it. But with my record, I do have a small following. .my situation it has helped to supliment my income.  To date I have bought in $1200. Which isn't alot. But whatever I make it helps.  Another issue,  is recently alot more competition has shown up on etey, I don't think mine are the best out there. But alot of people recently started adding em. But I offer some of the best customer service,  and actual knowledge about slings. But the hardest part,  is building  a reputation.

IP Logged

TheJackinati

Slinging Rocks!

Australia
Reply #5198 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 11:11am

vetryan15 wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 9:08am:
Snip

I was looking at your slings around a week or two ago on etsy, comparing the prices on slings. You make some awesome slings and your reviewers reflect that.  Wink

I might enter the market once I have made a few Andean-style huaraca slings. I'm thinking that a price of $60-80 AUD per sling would be my rough price range.

At the very least, I likely won't be that competitive to you. I only want to sell one of my slings so that I can buy more Alpaca wool. (The shipping cost for Australians is ridiculous!)

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #5199 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 1:03pm

Vetryan15 can I get a link for your Etsy shop?

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #5200 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 1:58pm

TheJackinati wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 11:11am:
vetryan15 wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 9:08am:
Snip

I was looking at your slings around a week or two ago on etsy, comparing the prices on slings. You make some awesome slings and your reviewers reflect that.  Wink

I might enter the market once I have made a few Andean-style huaraca slings. I'm thinking that a price of $60-80 AUD per sling would be my rough price range.

At the very least, I likely won't be that competitive to you. I only want to sell one of my slings so that I can buy more Alpaca wool. (The shipping cost for Australians is ridiculous!)

Thanks,  I find its getting a but harder,  with the recent market flood of slings. More and more people are making and selling em. But I noticed those people are selling it for the money, thinking there are easy to.make. I have even found out with the 'paracord' slimgs. Mostly. Those are of low quality braiding and weaving. Since most of the time, you can see that in alot of the pictures.  I spent a long time in customer service, do I know how to handle those situations.  But i.make do. I live very cheaply,  abd I am getting ready to move to another state, where the cost of living, is alot cheaper more then 1/2 less then where I currently am at. I have only made 2 price changes since I started. But only after some major events that happened. 1 was when I git the pieces in the museum,  abd another when I partnered up with a primitive living skills survival school.  But I also only do Natural materials anymore.  At some point, when I get the time to braid the kumihimo atyle, I wull be adding those as well. I actually have a few slings in Australia.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #5201 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 2:01pm

Morphy wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 1:03pm:
Vetryan15 can I get a link for your Etsy shop?

Sure

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ryansoldtimevisions
Here is my website
www.ryansoldtimevisions.com
I have all pictures of my work, abd a couple tutorials. I wrote one that was published in 'backwoodsman ' magazine.  In January of this year.  My variation of the seat belt sling.

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Reply #5202 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 3:29pm

Good looking slings. Have you ever thought about going to a localy owned sporting goods or archery store (I highly doubt a big chain store would let you do this) and seeing if they would give you space to display and sell some slings in return for some of the profit? Might be good exposure for you. Flea markets are also an option.

“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #5203 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 3:49pm

Drakolith wrote on Mar 20th, 2018 at 3:29pm:
Good looking slings. Have you ever thought about going to a localy owned sporting goods or archery store (I highly doubt a big chain store would let you do this) and seeing if they would give you space to display and sell some slings in return for some of the profit? Might be good exposure for you. Flea markets are also an option.

Thanks, I haven't thought about the stores.  But I did a couple flea markets.  After my move and I get the time, I wil be doing more flea markets, and craft fairs.  I did 1 craft faur, I made like $5 profit.  Counting table cost. It wasn't too bad. Only issue was it was at a church, and the head preacher had no idea what a sling was. Lol.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #5204 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 8:57pm

Vetryan15, do you have any experience making hand tools like draw knives? By the way, nice shop. Your work speaks for itself and the prices are very reasonable.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 345 346 347 348 349 ... 519
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Morphy, Chris, vetryan15)