Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 ... 518
Send Topic Print
Pictures of Slings and Slinging (Read 2208500 times)
Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Re: Pictures of Slings and Slinging
Reply #4905 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 1:34am

Nice!

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Bueron
Tiro

Upset that Runescape removed
the sling!

Reply #4906 - Jan 10th, 2017 at 2:17am

My latest sling, works very well. I took two of the strongest leather laces I could find, and doubled them up on each side, twice the strength. each one individually had the strength to hold up, so I figured two is as good as one. Double cords seems to work well, doesn't tangle up at all, worth the extra reliability. I will add a better picture once I get a camera phone Smiley.

IP Logged

Bueron
Tiro

the sling!

Reply #4907 - Jan 10th, 2017 at 2:20am

The knots are a bit looser, but hey, what the hell? that is less damage the knots do to the overall cord, and less memory left. I will later make a similar "double sling" with para cord, see how that goes. With an extra strong pouch, I could make a sling big enough to throw a thirty pound projectile, though I will stick to ten or fifteen pound ones for safety.

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #4908 - Jan 10th, 2017 at 9:30am

I'm looking forward to better pictures!

IP Logged

Bueron
Tiro

the sling!

Reply #4909 - Jan 10th, 2017 at 12:14pm

I hope to have a friend of mine take pictures of me with it, as well as it being used Today.

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4910 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 7:19am

Shocked Shocked Shocked

_20170112_120058.JPG (1824 KB | 136 )
_20170112_120058.JPG

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #4911 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 7:54am

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

IP Logged

SlingerDave

Stop!!! Let me hide behind
this tree first.

San Antonio, Tx
Reply #4912 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 10:23pm

Pure Beauty!!! I have always wished to learn Peruvian braiding.

You know your a slinger when your youth pastor's nickname for you is Five Smooth.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #4913 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 12:07pm

I made another braided sling with a braiding board but this one is wool. I recently got a large ball of wool with no real need for it so I wanted to try a sling and it was easy to braid but it's a VERY stretchy sling. I need to give it a proper test but this was only ever really a test piece so it's no great loss if it turns out to only be decorative and I actually really like the black and grey colour scheme. Came out a lot less boring than I first thought it would.

It's 85cm from the centre of the pouch to the end of the release cord. No retention loop because of the braiding style (probably a work around but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what it is) so the longer cord is simply wrapped round a few fingers.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #4914 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 5:28pm

Great work my man! I find my projects are constantly evolving and I think you've got some awesome stuff in store for us

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #4915 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 4:01am

Thanks! Yeah I'm really liking this method of braiding and I'm definitely going to do some more experimenting.

IP Logged

Spaghetti Weston
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4916 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 4:07pm

Hi Folks,

Just want to show you my first and second slings.

Sling 1: Followed instructions found on YouTube on how to make a woven paracord sling, but for my first attempt I used $5 nylon "camping cord" instead. The pouch is about 3". Single string construction, bound with very thin waxed cord. This is my trusty companion - makes a very satisfying whip sound.

Sling 2: Split pouch style made for tennis balls. This is my own design and I cannot blame anyone else if it fails, but I will learn something. Base is constructed with same nylon stuff as described above. Cords are doubled and woven tightly, figure-8 style, with black t-shirt material. Pouch cord is neatly encased with sturdy shoelaces tied in macrame-style square knots. A friend of mine commented that it looks like some kind of B&D device. Maybe I'll call it The Punisher  Grin

I am presently halfway through a jute sling, but already I've had to pause and ponder how to weight it. I'll post pics of it when I find a solution and finish it.

Last photo is me & my new best friends. They fold and fit neatly in my purse along with plenty of river stones (and pebbles for the slingshot) in case I can't find any around.

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4917 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 4:34pm

I like #1 best. good work. Good jute makes great slings. If #2 doesn't have any issues, you will have another good sling. Thanks for showing off your work.  Smiley

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

SlingerDave

Stop!!! Let me hide behind
this tree first.

San Antonio, Tx
Reply #4918 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 6:40pm

I like the first one too. Smiley Remember slings are flexible extensions of the arm. They can be made out of any flexible material. (Then again, I've never seen a braided sling from cable or wire... Oh Timpa,  Roll Eyes) But you get the idea, if it says it's paracord sling it can be made out of anything with the same thickness so long as it isn't weak.

You know your a slinger when your youth pastor's nickname for you is Five Smooth.

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4919 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 7:36pm

Und noch eine.  Grin

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 ... 518
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, vetryan15, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker)