Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Possibly making a sticky for pics of our slings (Read 2584 times)
harryman

love to sling and used
to play paintball

Georgia
Possibly making a sticky for pics of our slings
Feb 19th, 2007 at 6:05pm

Just a notion, but on some of my other forums we have stickies on pictures of things. for example, i have an account on Pbnation.com and on all of the paintgun sections we have a designated sticky to put our pictures of our paintball guns as a reference for others, or just to show off Roll Eyes  anyway, i was wondering if we could do that for our slings. please Cry

If this pic shows, this is my baby.

100_0020.jpg (702 KB | )
100_0020.jpg

Ja bin ich deutsch und ich schleudere gern. Ich mag paintball auch.

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Re: Possibly making a sticky for pics of our sling
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2007 at 6:20pm

Good idea, this is why we already have a "member's gallery". Be sure to check it out from the homepage. Smiley

IP Logged

harryman

love to sling and used
to play paintball

Georgia
Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2007 at 6:36pm

I understand this, it would just be more convenient.

Ja bin ich deutsch und ich schleudere gern. Ich mag paintball auch.

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #3 - Feb 19th, 2007 at 8:14pm

I hesitate because of our naturual tendency here to go wayy off topic...
Will others please share your thoughts (experienced mods especially)?

IP Logged

Dravonk
Funditor

Aachen, Germany
Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2007 at 5:01am

FunSlinger wrote on Feb 20th, 2007 at 2:54am:
I am not understanding what is meant by "a sticky for pics", could someone please explain?

It is one of those important topics that stay on top.

FunSlinger wrote on Feb 20th, 2007 at 2:54am:
I and many others have pictures (as mentioned by CanDo) in the member's gallery. It seems to work well. And there are many threads/discussions where pictures are posted. But the member gallery seems to remain the best central area to go and 'put a face with the name', so to speak.

Maybe the member gallery could be updated a bit more often but I think that is the place where pictures should go to, too.

Oh, and there are lots of instructions here in the forum. Could some links to those instructions be added in the articles section?

IP Logged

Dravonk
Funditor

Aachen, Germany
Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2007 at 1:26pm

FunSlinger wrote on Feb 20th, 2007 at 11:47am:
Dravonk wrote on Feb 20th, 2007 at 5:01am:
Maybe the member gallery could be updated a bit more often

I can understand why you would feel that way. I remember waiting months for my submitted photo's to appear on the gallery. [...] I look at the member's gallery as a place of honor for people who have been here on the forum a while and established themselves to be contributing members that are responsible and are positive influences to the world of slinging.

I didn't submit photos myself, I just saw some nice pictures here in the forum that are (in my opinion) too good to drown in the other posts.

FunSlinger wrote on Feb 20th, 2007 at 11:47am:
Dravonk wrote on Feb 20th, 2007 at 5:01am:
Oh, and there are lots of instructions here in the forum. Could some links to those instructions be added in the articles section?

OOF! That'd take years and I wouldn't personally volunteer for the task...not that I don't want to help out, but there is only so much time in the day! I know Willeke seems to have really gone above and beyond the call of duty at times to sift through posts and compile good summary posts, but I think that is as close as anyone has come. It seems like this forum has been around long enough and has so many current and active members that each day gets us all one step closer to becoming a small University library worth of information...hard to catalogue and getting harder by the minute! Shocked

I wouldn't attempt to make a complete list, but you could add a new link whenever you stumble across one. For example I would like to see a link to Zorro's tape sling instructions there or Matthias' woven pouch instructions. Willeke's link list would be an excellent place to start although I wouldn't add every link in that list to the articles section. Only those that contain real instructions.

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #6 - Feb 20th, 2007 at 4:01pm

If/when you find a post or topic that is too good to be forgotten, bring it up, that is reply on it.
When you think it should be part of the site, rather than the forum, send Chris a PM or E-mail.

We can make a sticky post for pictures, and when it starts drifting, unstick it so it will no longer stay at top.
But somehow I think that it should be in the introduction-section of the forum rather than the slinging or other topics.
Maybe I make one myself, now I still can.
But leave it up to the new moderators to unstick it if it does not do its work.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #7 - Feb 20th, 2007 at 4:13pm

Done!
There is a post for pictures now, at this moment it is sticky, but in the future it might become unsticky.
You can find that in the introductions area.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #8 - Feb 20th, 2007 at 7:20pm

Meanwhile, while that is a place for new comers to post pictures of anything with primitive tech, I'm going to make a thread just for slings and slinging in General. It will NOT be sticky unless it begins to turn into something and stays on topic however. I'll hope this works, it would be cool.

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #9 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 3:58pm

I feel that posting the pictures makes you introduce yourself, (again,) that is why I posted it in the introductions area, but if you believe that it belongs here, you better move it.

I think it will be confusing to have 2 topics for people to post their pics. Specially if they are in different parts of the forum.
(* I thought I had posted this pic? Can't find it. Lets post it again!*) (*I have seen a pic somewhere, this is the right topic, it is not here, @@#%# *)

Willeke

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #10 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 5:36pm

Hi Willeke,
The introductions dosn't get a whole lot of traffic, so I fear that it could go unnoticed. I mean, it's been there longer, but the picture thread in general has gotten many more views already. I like the idea of people who are new and want to get up pictures of whatever experience they have with primitive weapons  putting them in introductions, while experienced members can feel free to share with the general community whenever, not just to introduce themselves.

How about waiting for one of the threads to get a picture, then deleting the other one?

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #11 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 6:01pm

You are (will be) the mod.
(Feel free to change the post I made to make it clearer what it is meant to be.)

Willeke

IP Logged

slingwizzy
Descens

Slinging rocks!

Netherlands
Reply #12 - Feb 25th, 2007 at 9:37am

this is my small-pouch-sling its really handy for small stones (of about 4cm in diameter) and works good

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #13 - Feb 25th, 2007 at 11:22am

slingwizzy wrote on Feb 25th, 2007 at 9:37am:
this is my small-pouch-sling its really handy for small stones (of about 4cm in diameter) and works good

slingwizzy,
There are currently two threads for pictures:
http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1172017416 in general for any pictures you may have of slings and slinging.
and
http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1172005771 if you'd like to post a picture as a way to introduce yourself that does not necessarily have to do with slinging.
Cool pic, be sure to add it to one of the dedicated threads if you seek immortalization Smiley

IP Logged

slingwizzy
Descens

Slinging rocks!

Netherlands
Reply #14 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 9:11am

sorry, il move it

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Morphy, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Kick, joe_meadmaker)