Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Apocalypto. (Read 936 times)
Africa_Slinger

I love Slinging.org!

Johannesburg, South Africa
Apocalypto.
Feb 15th, 2007 at 3:23am

Went to see the movie Apocalypto yesterday wich so by the way was very good.

The reason for the post however is the fact that they in one scene used a staff sling, atlatl, bow and the sling.

Are there any other movies in wich the sling featured?

coenie

Keep your shoulder to the wheel&&Your hand to the helm&&Your eye on the ball&&Your nose to the grindstone&&Your ear to the ground&&And you will not have time to put your foot in your mouth.&&&&(unknown)

IP Logged

shabundi
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Re: Apocalypto.
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2007 at 4:55am

There is a scene in the comedy, Beverly Hills Ninja, where Chris Farley's disguise, a fake moustache, falls off... his ninja brother picks it up, places it in a sling along with a marble sized ball-bearing, and flicks it back onto his face with out the bad guys noticing.

I think there is a long list somewhere in the forum with the names of movies that had slings in them.

Shihab

IP Logged

hail storm
Novicius

Slinging a hail of a good
time

Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 1:37am

Hey there
Slings are featured, In the movie "King Arthur"(2004), during the battle scene with the worgs . They are also in the movie Alexander (2004).  Although neither are very long clips.   Sad    Hope this helps.

IP Logged

Africa_Slinger

I love Slinging.org!

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 1:54am

If I knew how to do a proper search it might be worth while to post the list on the wiki.

Coenie

Keep your shoulder to the wheel&&Your hand to the helm&&Your eye on the ball&&Your nose to the grindstone&&Your ear to the ground&&And you will not have time to put your foot in your mouth.&&&&(unknown)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Chris, Morphy, Rat Man, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Kick)