my new power style (Read 2442 times)
lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
my new power style
Feb 12th, 2007 at 2:40am

ok i stumbled on to this style that starts out under hand  transform into helicopter with a overhand release. i find this style gives me more power and distance but  keeps my acuracy. heres a try at a vid of that hopefuly works
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v378/acscottthefirst/?action=view&current=MVC-...

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Dravonk
Funditor

Aachen, Germany
Re: my new power style
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2007 at 4:06am

It says I need some newer version of the flash player Cry.
But it sounds like the Balearic helicopther style. Is it this one?

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2007 at 6:17am

it's what I call sideways, but with some excess overhead spins thrown in.

Another beard :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2007 at 12:09pm

Quote:
it's what I call sideways, but with some excess overhead spins thrown in

having defined it a little more the side wind up isnt really needed but the bit of clock wise helicopter really seems to add the power. I havent measured the distance with this style yet. but I out distance both my underhand and my overhand with the underhand arc. the only thing i regret about this style is that I don't see it realuseful as a hunting style. to much movement even if it is minuminmized down to just coming from the underhand (to get the clock wise movement) then one full helicopter wind up to fully power up.
sorry about the crappy video but all i had availble at the time. I kind of excited to share. Because this style really feels like I am striking targets with a hammer even at good distance By the way when I say new style. I mean to me Cool  Haveing watched the video it apears to be a side arm release but it feels like and has the accuracy of a overhand base style release. Any way
this is mynew style for at least a while. I just had to share  Grin

IP Logged

Dravonk
Funditor

Aachen, Germany
Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2007 at 1:11pm

On another computer I could see the video now. Nice one. Thank you!

lobohunter wrote on Feb 12th, 2007 at 12:09pm:
to much movement even if it is minuminmized down to just coming from the underhand (to get the clock wise movement) then one full helicopter wind up to fully power up.

That depends on the animal. When I am slinging I seem to attract animals.

Last week I was slinging stones at a rocky lake beach when two swans came swimming as close as they could to the place on the beach where my rocks landed. I changed my target then to stay safe.

Today I was slinging tennis balls in a park with different styles, helicopther included. Two pigeons were hopping around just at the place I was slinging at! This time I didn't change my target, I thought tennis balls wouldn't be dangerous to them anyway. (And unlike swans pigeons wouldn't be dangerous to me Wink)

Those birds seem to make fun of me...

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 7:24am

Whatever the style, it sure is helping you stay in shape!  You are looking good lobo.  Did you lose weight again since your last video?

Stay fit! Wink

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 9:57am

Dravonk wrote on Feb 12th, 2007 at 1:11pm:
On another computer I could see the video now. Nice one. Thank you!

lobohunter wrote on Feb 12th, 2007 at 12:09pm:
to much movement even if it is minuminmized down to just coming from the underhand (to get the clock wise movement) then one full helicopter wind up to fully power up.

That depends on the animal. When I am slinging I seem to attract animals.

Last week I was slinging stones at a rocky lake beach when two swans came swimming as close as they could to the place on the beach where my rocks landed. I changed my target then to stay safe.

Today I was slinging tennis balls in a park with different styles, helicopther included. Two pigeons were hopping around just at the place I was slinging at! This time I didn't change my target, I thought tennis balls wouldn't be dangerous to them anyway. (And unlike swans pigeons wouldn't be dangerous to me Wink)

Those birds seem to make fun of me...

I was once shooting an air rifle when one of the biggest turkeys I'd ever seen decides to walk right by the target.

Lobohunter,
I've used this style before, but have not noticed any real benefits, personally. The only thing that really stood out is that it takes a long time to use. I get more power and accuracy with the figure-8.

IP Logged

pancaker

Ohio
Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2007 at 3:11pm

Your new style reminds me a bit of this older video from the articles section, except you are using a much longer sling:
http://slinging.org/40.html

This is my most powerful throw, too. Something I noticed is that if I tilt my slinging arm down just a bit, I end up with something in between a side release and underarm, and it looks a lot like playing golf. It makes me feel more refined when chucking rocks in the dirt.  Smiley

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #8 - Feb 15th, 2007 at 3:46pm

pancaker wrote on Feb 14th, 2007 at 3:11pm:
Your new style reminds me a bit of this older video from the articles section, except you are using a much longer sling:
http://slinging.org/40.html

This is my most powerful throw, too. Something I noticed is that if I tilt my slinging arm down just a bit, I end up with something in between a side release and underarm, and it looks a lot like playing golf. It makes me feel more refined when chucking rocks in the dirt.  Smiley

one of the things I like about this style is the the fact. you can use a longer sling. the sling i am using in my video is my standard 43 inch sling wich I use mostly for overhand. I am sure A longer sling is Quite usable in this style. I still have to  experment with the most effective sling length for this style

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #9 - Feb 17th, 2007 at 5:43pm

o.k to be fair here are some down falls
1. takes more space
2. follow though on release must be near perfect
3. helicopter spin must be level to keep aim corect
4. slightly complicated lol

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Kick, Chris, vetryan15)