Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A few cool hits - pictures (Read 8170 times)
Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Re: A few cool hits - pictures
Reply #15 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 2:55pm

Yurek wrote on Feb 16th, 2007 at 1:01pm:
Hey Ulrica  Smiley

Thank you! I'm happy to read you again here.

Currently there are no marks after the snow, this winter we had just a few snowy days. Now I know who has captured it all. Ulrica, sling the snow back!  Now! Angry  Wink

What about your slinging?

Hello Yurek!  Smiley
I been here from time to time, life sort of keeping me busy with other things. But honestly, after your nice pictures I got a desire to grab that sling of mine again. I havenīt been slinging for a long time. Problems with my back, my shoulder and I still havenīt find a desent slingingplace.

We still have snow here, but itīs getting warmer, so I must hurry to sling back some snow to you.
Tomorrow is saturday and I might have some spare time. If the weather allows I will take a sling with me and see if I still have it in my arms Smiley

Very nice to see you too!

May the stones go your way&&&&//Ulrica
IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

The best thing, is a good
sling.

Poland
Reply #16 - Feb 17th, 2007 at 2:59pm

Ulrica,

Sorry to hear you still have problems with your back and shoulder. Be careful with slinging. I had similar injuries, they really could be chronic. Fortunately, have got recovered, but alas, not in 100%. I'm still efficient slinger, but now more concentrated on timing than violence. We just need some more warm-up before slinging, especially in winter.

I love winter slinging, becouse of unlimited ammo that is everywhere around and a special place is not needed. Alas, not evry kind of snow is good for slinging. If there is strong frost you will have a problem with forming of durable balls, not to say about the freezing palms. The best snow is when the temperature of air is very close to the 0 C, or when it is exposed to the sun. You might moisten snow with a bit cold water too, of course, if your hands don't mind it Smiley

So, happy slinging, Ulrica. I'm looking forward to the snowy massive attack from Sweden Smiley Be careful though.

Jurek

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

slingwizzy
Descens

Slinging rocks!

Netherlands
Reply #17 - Feb 17th, 2007 at 4:56pm

I tried to sling snow...
I made snowballs, and then compressed them with my hands to small icy-like ammo.
it really didnt work for me, way to light to sling good.
any tips?

IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

sling.

Poland
Reply #18 - Feb 17th, 2007 at 5:46pm

I was talking about snow-balls, not about ice-balls. The deal with snow-balls is when you don't have to press them by the hands too long. Just a few seconds, and you have a compact, ready-to-slinging snow-ball. In the opposite case, it stops be a fun. I think, you might try to form somewhat bigger ammo, at least of tennis-ball size. Hope it helps Smiley

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

slingwizzy
Descens

Slinging rocks!

Netherlands
Reply #19 - Feb 17th, 2007 at 6:09pm

thanks.  the snow is already melted here in holland, so no chance to try Cry
snowballs didnt work for me, they always splitted in air

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #20 - Feb 18th, 2007 at 10:51am

Hi jurek!

Today I was slinging for the first time since many month, and i really could feel, I was not used to it.
I sling some snowballs and I used the sling you made for me some years ago. Works fine!

I record a little video, but I cannot attach it to this messages..

Maybe some of the snow landed by you....

Now my arm must rest for a day or two...

IP Logged

Roy

That was'nt a duck...
 that was a rock.

Foothills of the Appalachians
Reply #21 - Feb 18th, 2007 at 7:57pm

Yurek,
Great pics. Thanks for posting them  Smiley

IP Logged

funda_iucunda

Watt den een sin Uhl is
den annern sin Nachtigal.

Germany (north of Hamburg)
Reply #22 - Feb 20th, 2007 at 3:34pm

Yurek,

planuje pobyt kolo Swiecia, kilka dni prawdopodobnie w sierpniu. Potem moze jeszcze kilka dni gdzie indziej w Polsce.

IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

sling.

Poland
Reply #23 - Feb 24th, 2007 at 1:10pm

Ulrica wrote on Feb 18th, 2007 at 10:51am:
Hi jurek!

Today I was slinging for the first time since many month, and i really could feel, I was not used to it.
I sling some snowballs and I used the sling you made for me some years ago. Works fine!

I record a little video, but I cannot attach it to this messages..

Maybe some of the snow landed by you....

Now my arm must rest for a day or two...

Hello Ulrica!

I hope you have recovered after that slinging. Now we have snow again, thanks to you Cheesy It has arrived from Sweden with freezing wind. Thanks to it, I was able to sling today. I had to water frozen snow a bit to make it more adhesive.

I'm happy to hear, that the sling still works. But I'm not quite sure if it can hold snow-balls very safely. Though, I used to use that kind of sling to slinging snow-balls too.

Now, I sling snow-balls and tennis-balls (sometimes stones too) with the kind od sling you can see on the pictures, posted the last year or earlier:

It works for me fine.

Ulrica, if you have a problem with the video, please sent it to me. I will try to host it and put the link at the forum, if you want.

Jurek

IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

sling.

Poland
Reply #24 - Feb 24th, 2007 at 1:27pm

Roy wrote on Feb 18th, 2007 at 7:57pm:
Yurek,
Great pics. Thanks for posting them  Smiley

Roy, thank you for that kind comment Smiley

IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

sling.

Poland
Reply #25 - Feb 24th, 2007 at 1:31pm

funda_iucunda wrote on Feb 20th, 2007 at 3:34pm:
Yurek,

planuje pobyt kolo Swiecia, kilka dni prawdopodobnie w sierpniu. Potem moze jeszcze kilka dni gdzie indziej w Polsce.

Funda_iucunda,

Zanim wybierzesz sie na urlop do Polski, daj znac. Wtedy moze umowimy sie konkretnie. Chyba, ze masz ochote przyjechac wczesniej. Zapraszam Smiley

Yurek says: ''

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #26 - Feb 25th, 2007 at 4:44am

Hi Yurek!

Itīs great to read, that I managed to give you snow. Cheesy
Yeah, Iīve recovered, but I havenīt sling more, it went much colder again and it was hard to make snowballs.
Anyway. Some days ago my privat computer crasch down and I must use my work-laptop. My old work-laptop also crasch down some weeks ago but since friday I finally got a new one.
And as I have this one for only three days I donīt know it so well. I recorded the video with my cellphone and altough I have bleutooth at this computer I havenīt manage it to work yet so I can send the film from the phone to the computer. I need a pin code and I donīt know where to find that. The film is safe in my phone so in some days I probably can send it to you, okay?

Snowy greetings

Ulrica
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2007 at 8:54am by Ulrica »  

IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

sling.

Poland
Reply #27 - Feb 25th, 2007 at 5:07am

Ulrica,

Feel free to send to me the film. Looks like there is comming a thaw, so I'm going to use the snow before it gets melted. Ater finishing a cup of coffe I go outdoors.

Have a nice day,

Jurek

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #28 - Feb 25th, 2007 at 9:19am

Yurek wrote on Feb 25th, 2007 at 5:07am:
Ulrica,

Feel free to send to me the film. Looks like there is comming a thaw, so I'm going to use the snow before it gets melted. Ater finishing a cup of coffe I go outdoors.
Have a nice day,
Jurek

Ah. That sounds great. Not the coffee-thing but the slinging thing! I hope you had a nice time in the snow.

By the way, thanks for the fotos of that sling. The one I got works well, but you have right, it doesnīt hold snowballs to 100 %. Some fell out. ( but not in my head Wink   ) I had a nice time anyway and that altough it was people not far away. A man asked me afterwards how the "stone-sling" worked.
He knew what it was. Smiley

Greetings from sweden

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Curious Aardvark, Kick, Morphy, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man)