Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A few cool hits - pictures (Read 8163 times)
Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

The best thing, is a good
sling.

Poland
A few cool hits - pictures
Feb 10th, 2007 at 8:03pm

The Saturday was sunny and beautifull, there was fresh snow. Lots of people were spending time outdoors. I took my camera and dog and went to a close woods. First I was not decided what I wanted better, taking pictures or slinging. Finally I decided to use both together. I put the camera on the tripod and started a "simultanous" shooting, with both. I wanted to catch the release moment using the selftimer (set at the 10 sec). Damn, how difficult it was to match the shutter of the camera with the realase of the sling! Even more difficult than to blow off a small can at 50 metres. It had taken a few dozen shots before I got a satisfying picture. In that time my dog Smyk had a fun hunting snow-balls among trees.

When I was discouraged and close to give it up, I hit just the release moment, hooray! Some of a few next shots were succesfull too.

The results are here. The shutter of the camera was set at the 1/1250 s.

Smyk "shows" the direction of every pictured shot.

This is the position of the tripod. The shots were perpendicular to the ridges, not parallel.

And just my "trophies".

The trophy 1

The trophy 2

The trophy 3 - the best one Smiley

The trophy 4

The shutter of the camera was set at the 1/1250 s.

Jurek

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Re: A few cool hits - pictures
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 8:25pm

Thank you!!! Those are great shots!!!!!! They should be part of the Official calendar, if we ever make one.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 9:33pm

I've said it before - Jurek deserves his own calendar!

Nice timing! Having done this myself I know how many shots you need to get a few decent ones! I have a remote for mine but it doesn't too much like the bright sun that makes for good action shots, so I still needed to come a little closer... trip the shutter, stash the remote, load the sling, count one - two - three - start the windup - four - release!

I like the last one - no snowball, but a cool picture!

Matthias

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 10:16pm

Czesc Jurek,

Nadzwyczajne zdjecia. Nie wiem jak mogles chwycic ten moment spustu. Ale nie tylko slingowanie, sam las i snieg. Cudnie!

Dziekuje za adres. Wysylam Ci proce nie nie dlatego ze uwazam ze ja potrzebujesz. Po prostu chce zebys cos ode mnie mial.

Aussieslinger (or should that be Polslinger?)

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

dork
Funditor

I feel Smurfy when I'm
smurfing!!!! You too?

In Beautiful Wisconsin
Reply #4 - Feb 11th, 2007 at 2:04am

poetry in motion caught on film.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Feb 11th, 2007 at 12:58pm

so what sort of dog is it - think I saw it in one of the pictures on the calendar post looks like a dachshund cross. Cracking looking beast :-)

I notice there are no pictures of the snowball impacting in slow motion on a target - sheer negligence :-)

ps - nice beard :-) same colour as mine (well apart from the white bits that seem to be creeping in these days)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

funda_iucunda

Watt den een sin Uhl is
den annern sin Nachtigal.

Germany (north of Hamburg)
Reply #6 - Feb 11th, 2007 at 3:16pm

Wunderful pictures / Cudowne zdjecia!

IP Logged

Cliff
Descens

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #7 - Feb 11th, 2007 at 3:49pm

Great pictures!

Thank you for these photographs, they are very interesting.  3 is particularly amazing.  One can really see the power behind those throws.  It's interesting to see the sling just a fraction of a second after the release, such as in 1 and 2.  This is the type of thing that makes one really appreciate digital cameras, it would be way too expensive to do this with film.

paracord sling tutorial thread: http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1196026630
IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #8 - Feb 11th, 2007 at 5:22pm

Nice shots! (both with the camera and the sling Wink)

I really like that they showed the details of your hand movement.  Text book stuff!

Thanks

IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

sling.

Poland
Reply #9 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 1:40pm

Thank you all for these comments. They are really much appreciated.

Matthias, bigkahuna, I would be honoured having one of my pictures in the calendar among others. There are so many great pictures on the forum, though.

The remote is a good idea, Matthias. I just forgot I owned a one for my camera, because of its battery had been off for some time. The simplest way is to have a patient photographer, but it could be dangerous for him, especially when stones were used.

Ludek, naprawde ciesze sie, ze zdjecia Ci sie spodobaly. Po tak duzej ilosci nieudanych prob, dostarczyly mi sporej satysfakcji. Sam nie weim jak mi sie to udalo, to bylo troche jak trafienie na loteri Smiley
Proca od Ciebie pozostanie mila pamiatka, mimo, ze jestem przekonany o jej doskonalej sprawnosci. Nie zamierzam jej zuzyc, majac swiadomosc, ze przybyla do mnie z antypodow od zaprzyjaznionego slingera Smiley Ale moge Ci obiecac, ze napewno ja wyprobuje, a wrazeniami podziele sie na forum.

curious_aardvark, you are right, the dog is a dachshund cross. It is a very nice combination though, he is a really godd and wise critter. The best slinger's buddy. He is just addicted Smiley A picture of a snow-ball hit against a target would be immpresive, indeed, but tell me please, how to protect the camera or the photographer. Snow-balls make a quite nice explosions, when they hit something hard, not to say about possibility of direct hit of them.
Thank you for the compliment about my beard. You should know that I wear it, just because it helps in slinging, and the white bits help even more Roll Eyes

funda_iucunda, dziekuje Smiley Znasz polski?

Cliff, I'm really glad you can appreciate the pictures. I like the 3-rd the best too, just for the sling action. But usually I don't like to see me at pictures lol. Yeah, I'm sure that trying to get that kind of pictures using a film camera would be a pain in... Smiley

Tint, thank you. That kind of pictures show what our eyes never could see. that is why I like them. Have a nice stay in Australia Smiley

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

funda_iucunda

Watt den een sin Uhl is
den annern sin Nachtigal.

Germany (north of Hamburg)
Reply #10 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 3:07pm

Uczylem sie jezyka polskiego w czasie studiów. Potem pracowalem póltora lat w Warszawie. W tym roku bede prawdopodobnie w Polsce na urlopie. Moze bedzie okazja na spotkanie.

funda iucunda

IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

sling.

Poland
Reply #11 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 3:36pm

Sprawiles mi mila niespodzianke, podobnie jak aussieslinger wczesniej. Swiat jest jednak maly Smiley Oczywiscie, jesli bedziesz w Polsce, to grzechem byloby sie nie spotkac. Gdzie zamierzasz spedac urlop? Oops... powoli robi sie watek polskojezyczny Smiley

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #12 - Feb 15th, 2007 at 3:00pm

Really nice pictures, Yurek!!
They almost even bring me to like snow. I don´t like to freeze and walk in deep snow, as I do almost every day now at work.
Now I know why we have so much snow here up in the north. Roll Eyes

May the stones go your way&&&&//Ulrica
IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #13 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 2:02am

Hi Ulrica,

You are from Scandinavia aren't you? Look at reply 99 for Aussie POUCH in Trading Post. I would love to send you one of my pouches.

Regards,   Aussieslinger

Wie gehts Funda Iucunda,

Moze i Tobie wyslac proce. Dotychczas do Niemiec wyslalem tylko jedna.

Ludwik
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2007 at 4:42am by Aussie »  

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

sling.

Poland
Reply #14 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 1:01pm

Hey Ulrica  Smiley

Thank you! I'm happy to read you again here.

Currently there are no marks after the snow, this winter we had just a few snowy days. Now I know who has captured it all. Ulrica, sling the snow back!  Now! Angry  Wink

What about your slinging?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Chris, Rat Man, Kick, vetryan15, Morphy)